• Thread starter Thread starter TamMcCann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

TamMcCann

Reaction score
Reading Takeover Completed

View attachment 247125

Russian tycoon Anton Zingarevich has eventually completed the takeover of Reading Football Club from Sir John Madejski today we can reveal. A deal that must have seemed a life time to all Reading Fans can now look forward to a new era at Reading. Zingarevich said earlier " I'm really looking forward to helping Reading Fc reach new heights, the Premier League is the best in the world and I want us to become a force in England and one day Europe I don't want to be a team that only has Premier League survival in there mind so I'm willing to spend to get to the level I feel the Club and the fans deserve. Reports are suggesting that current manager Brian McDermott will not see the end of the week as Reading manager as Zingarevich wants a Manager with a bigger reputation in charge and rumours have already started with the likes of , whether reports are true are remain to be seen.

View attachment 247128
Is McDermott off?

McDermott Walks!

View attachment 247137

Brian McDermott has sensationally quit Reading just hours after Russian tycoon Anton Zingarevich bought the Club. One of our reporters got a few words from what seemed an angry Brian McDermott who said " I have no other choice but to leave, believe me I'm not doing it through choice, I'm sure all will be revealed soon by this man who claims to be some sort of Reading fans dream!"

Who's for the Job?

View attachment 247140

So McDermott has walked away and already names are starting to surface to who will be the next Reading Fc Manager. Names like Andre Villas Boas, Pep Guardiola, Claudio Ranieri and supposedly close friend to Zingarevich Guss Hiddink has been linked with the vacancy. All will be revealed soon as Zingarevich has organised a press conference for tomorrow.

View attachment 247143
Will Hiddink be New Boss?

Reading Press Conference

View attachment 247149

So here it is! The press conference all Reading fans and I'm sure a lot of other Football fans have been waiting for. What will we find out today? Who really is Anton Zingarevich? What happened with him and Brian McDermott? Who will be the new manager? What's Zingarevich's plans for Reading? All will be revealed today hopefully!

View attachment 247151
Anton Zingarevich

Interviewer : Welcome to England Anton, what made you want to buy Reading Football Club?

Zingarevich : Thank you. Football is my passion and England have the best league in the world in my opinion so I thought about buying a club that I feel could be doing a lot better and Reading are one of them, I want a challenge I don't see a point in buying a top team, but lets make Reading a top team!

Interviewer : So what happened with you and Brian McDermott?

Zingarevich : I didn't like him. One thing about me is I always speak the truth, I choose the manager, it's my club now.

Interviewer : Have you got a Manager in mind to takeover for Brian?

Zingarevich :
Yes, Infact I have a few. I will have one in place before Pre Season so all Reading fans don't worry, these will be exciting times ahead!

Interviewer : Can you name them?

Zingarevich : Ovcourse not (laughs).

Interviewer : Ok, Thanks for you time and good luck with Reading.

Zingarevich : Thank you.

View attachment 247157
Exciting Times for Reading?!

Reading Nick di Matteo !

View attachment 247158

Reading have hired Roberto di Matteo on a 1year Deal, without being disrespectful but many fans where hoping for a more experienced manager but Anton Zingarevich has come out and said " I had a sit down with candidates who so far have been far more successful than Roberto but I feel Roberto is a raw talent, what he done with Chelsea last season sold him to me, I stick to my decision that I've chose the right man to lead us to glory and I hope the fans get behind him, I really can't wait to start work with him!

This is when I start my story guys. Next update tomorrow!

The Challenge Begins

View attachment 247308

I left Chelsea not long after that famous night in Munich, I felt the speculation on my future was dragging on far too much so I decided enough was enough I need to think about myself and my family. I had a talk with Anton and his vision for Reading Football Club is very ambitious, this will be exciting times for all connected to the Club, I can't wait to get started. I'm not so sure if every fan is happy with my appointment but if it was another Manager that won the Champions League would they be happy? I hope they get behind me and the lads as the fans are base to success of anything. I don't want to speak about this side too much but the Chairman has promised funds will be available to strengthen the squad for our first Season back in the Premier league, as I says he has big plans for Reading and believes I'm the man for the job which I'm flattered about but I have my own belief that I'm the man for the job. The hard work starts here!

View attachment 247309
Matteo with Champions League

Anton Zingarevich : Well the hard work starts today Roberto, I hope we can have a bright future with you, now lets sit down and speak money.

Roberto di Matteo : Thank you, I hope so too!

Anton Zingarevich :Now money. I'm prepared to give you a budget of 35million to spend on players, I want to keep the club debt free so I will continue to keep a cap on which we spend, what is your view on this?

Roberto di Matteo :
I agree and 35million is a lot of money, I feel that is an ambitious amount there and we can work wonders with that.

Anton Zingarevich :
Ok Roberto as you know you will meet the team and staff tomorrow morning for the start of Pre Season, please don't hesitate to contact me if need be ok?

Roberto di Matteo : Ok Anton, I can't wait to start!

View attachment 247310
Anton's mansion.

Day One

View attachment 247311

So we had a good couple of hours training session and the lads reacted to me well, they were all very welcoming towards me. They all know there is big plans for Reading so no wonder they were all really exhausted and all gave 110%, I want to see this all the time, I have no time for slackers! After today I've wrote down in my notes who I feel will really help the club move towards bigger things, who I think will have a future elsewhere and out of the younger lads who could be a hot prospect for us. All could change throughout Pre Season though. These are the players so far in which I think who will have a big say in Readings Season :

View attachment 247313
Adam Federici - Gk

The 27 year old Austrailian has spent a lot of time out on loan but he had a great Season for Reading and helping them into the Premier League, so far I intend to keep him as my No 1.

View attachment 247314
Kaspars Gorkss - Cb

The big 30 year old Latvian defender is a big force on the field, his experience will help the youngers guys such as Alex Pearce who I feel is just as could but could be better! But I chose to single out Kaspars just due to his age and experience, he will give a few strikers bruises this year!

View attachment 247315
Jimmy Kebe - AMR/L

The pacey 28 year old french born Jimmy Kebe will cause mayhem in the Premier League I'm sure of it! He will be a defenders nightmare and I exepct big things from him!

View attachment 247316
Jem Karacan - Cm

The 23 year old English born but has chose to play for Turkey is a talent for sure! He is a quiet lad and already very mature, his game will improve in the Premier League and he will fit straight into my plans.

View attachment 247317
Jason Roberts - St

The 34 year old Granada International has vital Premier League experience already. All the younger teams look up to Jason, he has a strong head on him and he will play an important part for us on the park as well as off field.

I'm happy with the squad but we still need to improve if we are to level the ambition set at Reading now. I won't make vast changes but changed where I feel will fit in well and not just buy for the sake of it, these players got into the Premier League so I intend to give them there chance to stay and fight for the new future of Reading as a force in England!

View attachment 247319
My Squad

Back