London's New Force - "THE HORNETS ARE BUZZING"

Milleg9

Reaction score
* So after much deliberation I have decided my final story will be with Watford and to deliver a new era of success and to dominate the Championship, Stabilize ourselves as a Premier League team and then to pick off the rest of the teams from London one by one*

Full name​
Watford Football Club​
Nickname(s)​
The Hornets,The Golden Boys,Yellow Army, The 'Orns,​
Founded​
1881; 133 years ago​
Ground​
Capacity​
17,477 (Increasing to 20,877) [1]
Owner​
Chairman​
Raffaele Riva​

Today Watford football club announced it was with Sadness that Oscar Garcia has had to stand down with immediate effect due to concerns over his health.

Garcia was seen as a big part of the Culture change that Watford were looking towards however they have had to tear those plans up with immediate effect.

Chairmen Raffaele Riva and Owner Giampolo Pozzo have today announced their 4th manager in the 4 year reign in charge of the club by prompting Club Youth Team Manager Gavin Miller to the helm. The move has came as a shock to many in the Football world with A young unknown Manager who only just completed his Badges two days before the announcement.

View attachment 688924

In a Sky Exclusive we covered Miller's first official day in Charge of Vicarage Road

"Today is a fantastic day for me , To be given the opportunity - I only wish that it was in better circumstances and I wish Oscar a speedy recovery , I have already asked Oscar to work in an Advisory basis with first team affairs and he will work as an unofficial scout in Spain"

View attachment 336059

View attachment 336061

"I have had a conversation with the Owner and I have told him if he wants success he just has to support me and not to try and get involved in the way he did before with team selection and trying to own the club on and off the field if we are to develop i need him to stay out of football matters"

"Mr Pozzo has kindly allowed me to bring in all of my Own Backroom Staff as one of my first tasks as part of his strategy to step back from the football side of the club and I will be bringing in my own staff shortly"

View attachment 336060

"I have promised the Owner that if he trusts me , The feeling all involved with Watford had when Troy Deeney scored that goal against Leicester- I will bring that back to the club , But this time we will end up in the Premiership"

"I have some Fantastic International talents here but I feel we have lost a little bit of our Identity and Will be looking to bring in a few more players Based in Britain at the moment that Will know what this club is about and what the importance of the Premiership means to our fans"

View attachment 336062

"Our future is in our hands and we will instill a desire to fight for every ball , Chase every lost cause and work to be the best possible football team we can be"

*Next update will contain staff changes and initial Transfer plans*
*Feedback is always welcome*​

Pre Season update
"THE STAFF"

View attachment 335817

Today Watford announced wholesale changes in the backroom of the club with no less than 9 members of staff leaving the club including Director of Football Gianluca Nani , former Asst Manager Paolo de Troffol and they have been replaced as Part of Manager Miller's attempt to bring back the British Identity to the club.

View attachment 335812

"We have brought in people that know English football and what it's all about"

ASST MANAGER

Derek Fazackerley

View attachment 335816

"Derek has worked with some of the best in the game he was part of Kevin Keegan' famous Newcastle team , He has worked with the England National team as well as spells working directly under Sven Goran Eriksen at Man City so he has a lot of experience and is someone that I can learn from"

DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL

Steve Coppell

View attachment 335815

"Steve knows the game and this league inside and out, He knows how to get out of this league and that is what we want, we want to get to the premier league and Steve is someone we believe can help with his influence and is someone I will be having regular catch up's with"

Head of youth Development

Jonathan Hill

View attachment 335814

"This is John's first role as a H.O.Y.D however he was one of the guys that worked behind the scene's in the development of the Famous Man U class of 99 players like your Beckham's,Scholes, Giggs , Neville brothers so I think John will be excellent and will help us be able to nurture talent and has a good eye for potential"

First Team Coach

Arthur Albiston

View attachment 335813

"Arthur was recommended to me by John who worked with him in the Man Utd youth set up again during that golden generation and worked closely with Sir Alex Ferguson for so long again I feel that his experience will be valuable"

"The team we have assembled here are going to have a big say in how we make this project work , I value every single one of their opinions and feel that we can work to make it happen, We all believe in each other and that we have the ability to influence this massive club's turn around"

FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS WELCOME​

Last edited:
Pre Season
"The players"

View attachment 335809

View attachment 689502

Transfer update

Jesse Lingard
Paid:650 K

View attachment 335808

[video=youtube;brvoe5oM8PE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvoe5oM8PE[/video]

"We are delighted to be able to bring in Jesse he is the exact type of player we want. He is Young,Dyanmic,exciting and has a lot of potential he has already shown he is capable in the championship after playing here with Brighton and Birmingham"

Shane Ferguson
Paid : 650 k

View attachment 335807

[video=youtube;xiByda-Jweo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiByda-Jweo[/video]

"Shane is a fantastic prospect he can play anywhere up the left side and is equally as good at the back as he is going forward and he has pace to burn and has a good delivery again falls into our transfer strategy of signing young British Players"

Matt Doherty
Paid: 600 k

View attachment 335806

" Matt is someone I am really excited about he is a strong, no nonsense full back who has a good delivery and to take this type of player from a divisional rival is also a bonus because we are stronger for it and now they are a bit weaker"

Scott Hynd
Paid: 75 k

View attachment 335805

"Scott came recommended to us by Arthur Albiston our coach , He has seen Scott when he was working with the Scotland Youth Set up and we think that with the right support Scott has the potential to be a fantastic player he is quick and strong for someone so young"

"All these signings are young and have the potential to be anything they want if they work hard , we are putting faith in them and I think that if we develop them now in this league it will give them a fighting chance if we make it to the Premiership"

Pre season
"Results"

View attachment 335804

"Our Pre season was really successful, we got to meet the lads , find out some strengths and area's of development within our squad."

View attachment 335803

"Technically were unbeaten as we only lost to our under 21's "

View attachment 335802

"This was a good game for us everything went to plan , we controlled the game in the possession and scored a few good goals"

View attachment 335801

"This was a fantastic game for the fans and what pre season should be , Entertainment, Drama , Goals and a holiday to France for some of our supporters"

"Matej Vydra Scored a hat trick for us and one for Reims , He is someone who we are looking to develop more just off the striker rather than being the focal point "