samij

Reaction score
hey guys, what's everyone's opinion on starting a long term save in the beta ? or would you think it's better to wait for the full version to come out ?

I was going to ask the same question. I Am currently still playing my FM16 save and am trying to hold off starting a proper long term save on FM17 until the full release, but don't really know if it would matter too much or not....

hey guys, what's everyone's opinion on starting a long term save in the beta ? or would you think it's better to wait for the full version to come out ?

100% hold off, things change and you can't go back. Decide who you want to play with start a save n use it as a trial, scout some players, create some tactics. Simulate a season or 2 see how your team performs, see who in the league performs ect.

I'm not planning to use my beta save long term, but using it to try out things that way if it goes wrong it's not so much of a major issue. The beta is there ultimately for the programmes to get a better picture of how the game is running under 'real' conditions and allows them to be notified of any major bugs that haven't already been picked up (there has been several noticed). If once the final game comes out you are still happy to continue the save then do so. Use the beta to have a go maybe at doing something you haven't tried before eg lower league managing or a new continent. You can have fun believe me doing that and will get a much better understanding of the game prior to final release.

I know it can be hard to resist, I myself have already identified my first long term save, but I'll be waiting for the full version to come out. There might be so many annoying issues in the BETA that I prefer to wait. I'm currently doing a save with AJAX as it allows me not only to test tactics but also scouting and players development.