Long-term save help!

Reaction score
Hi,
On football manager the longest ive stuck with a team is about a season and a half and then i get bored, ive done these seasons with: Basel, Arsenal, FC halifax and Rangers.. So there all varied but i would like some advice on a team i can stick with for at least 3 seasons and how i can stay with them without getting bored.

Athletic Bilbao - the challenge of conquering Spain with the transfer restrictions of signing Basque players only. I did a successful story that lasted until 2032 i think.

Obviously its not about the team, but you as à player. Why not take à team in the CCC and make à 3-5 year plan.

Example:
Crystal Palace, getting them into ChampionsLeague in the 5th season by just using the Tactic Creator and on the way trying to scout, sign and develop some youngsters by really focusing on playing them and make individuall schedules. Try to do all the press and play mindgames in the media.

Year5- CL
Year 4- amongst the top 5
Year 3 - playing the youngsters, playing in the EPL
Year 2- Get balance in the squad and sign newgens
Year 1- playing cynical and rebuild the squad, maybe promotion

its cus you've picked teams which tend to dominate in their league and don't progress much. its all about getting a championship club promoted then trying to win the prem and champions league. try reading out, get a decent transfer budget.

try out napoli or fiorentina in the serie a, or malaga or werder bremen.

set yourself a challenge, such as signing people 22 and under only, breaking even in transfers, that kind of thing

Thanks these are all good help,erm if anyone else has any suggestions it would be appreciated:) gonna start a season around 9 once ive put this ****** kitchen door on, the misses eh -_-

Thanks these are all good help,erm if anyone else has any suggestions it would be appreciated:) gonna start a season around 9 once ive put this ****** kitchen door on, the misses eh -_-

Haha, your missues...Leave the kitchen door, you got some important stuff to do!

So, what team have you gone for? :)

I don't normally have this problem but then I always start in the lower leagues. By the time I've gotten Dover to the Prem or something I've grown quite attached to the club.

I'm currently managing FC Energie Cottbus in Germany. In my fifth year as their manager now. I've had zero transfer budget and a small wage budget from Day 1 but, after toiling in Bundesliga 2, I finally got them promoted and then kept them up the following season making enough cash to clear the club debt.

So, long story short, manage a smaller team and get them as far as you can.

I went for Crystal Palace, built together a nice team and currently sitting mid table in October, happy days!

Back