becks6900

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been playing FM12 for what seems like a lifetime but, seeing the game was on sale, have decided to make the jump into FM16. Just wondering if you guys could give me a heads up on what changes to expect? I'm prone to anxiety so I'm trying to give myself time to adjust to the new layout, but it's a bit disorientating. I had great success in FM12 with a 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 formation. That going to work this time around?

What do you guys think of the match engine? I know the fm12 one was a little unsophisticated but fm16 seems to have strayed in to the uncanny-valley somewhat and doesn't flow anywhere near as nicely.

I'd really appreciate any input.

Cheers guys,

I am a fan of the FM series aswell and let me tell you that FM16 is a mess regarding ME. Yes, there are a lot of improvements overall, even in ME (like ball physics and collision detection, etc), but what completly ruins FM16 is the "crossing issue". Of course there will be "smart" people who will come up with all sorts of things, but just so you know for sure, Neil Brock from SI admited there is an issue they cant fix at the moment. I will post here a link to the official feedback thread for FM16 latest patch. Check post #1076 on page 11, thats mine replying to Neil. Also look at the post #1068 on the same page (it shows the problem in matter). I just reverted to FM15, frustration is off the charts. I am sorry that the first FM you are trying after FM12 is ... FM16.

Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread - Page 11

Get ready for a world of pain bruh, cuz fm16 is like way tough. You're gonna have to do a lot of adapting in this version and being succesful is a lot of hardwork.

I can say for sure that FM16 is more challenging than FM12 :)

Ive actually found it the opposite. Every FM I always do a save as Manchester United (I say ever FM, I've only played 12, 15 and 16 :D). Anyway, on FM12 the title was a real fight every season and even the top 4 was a struggle. There were a couple seasons where I finished 5th or 6th.

Now on FM, so far I've done six seasons as United. I won the premier league five seasons in a row and came second last season, missing out on the title by two points.

I don't know if it's perhaps because I've become better at FM over the years (as 12 was my first FM after all) but in my opinion 16 is easy (although I am using one of the top teams after all :p)