Looked for a challenge, stumbled upon Vauxhall

• Thread starter Thread starter TheGamE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

TheGamE

Reaction score
Hi,

Kept playing the game with Real Madrid, seemed pretty straight forward, already have decent players in the team to win the Champions League and just find youngsters for future and dominate.

I got bored and set out to look for a challenge and boy did I find it. I noticed Vauxhall, a pretty much nothing team and I want to win the Champions League with them. Which would take about a million seasons...

I have been assigned as the Vauxhall Manager. Met the staff and pretty much no one has a clue of what is supposed to be done, especially the Assistant Manager. He thinks the team has the potential to be the best in the league. Hmm...

Start of Season Expectations...the board expects relegation so ask me to avoid it, I told them I will get them promoted. That game me 600pw wage budget. 600?? I make that on a good week. Anyways, the board thinks it is enough for the entire squad. I checked the Salaries and turns out only 2 players are being paid to play, and 1 of them is listed. 325pw is being spend on the two the rest of the squad is out of Contract.

I went through the entire squad and compared them to previous winners and current favourites and no where near thier standards which makes me wonder if I made a mistake in telling the board I can get them promoted. 600pw is a bit iffy and I don't think I will be able to get mange players to fit that budget from the free transfer market.

Here, I am stuck. I need your help, to point me in the right direction and I will take it from there. How do I deal with this, or how should I approach this Vauxhall Situation.

I find that when starting with a terrible team with little or no money, the best thing to do is dip into the loan market. Vauxhall Motors aren't going to be getting any Premier League players on loan, but you could get some decent League 1/league 2 youngsters. Try go for ones that don't require wage contributions. After 1 season things start to become a bit easier. Towards the end of your first season, you should look at which players are running out of contract soon and get them on a free transfer. At that level of football don't worry if the players are 33+ years old and are declining. Mental attributes are arguably more important than technical attributes at that level. Strength is more important than pace, etc. I've had players who were the best in the division at that level with a pace rating of 3.

Good luck!

Top tips right there...thanks.

I went through the individuals again and turns out some of them have decent Mental attributes ... but are out of contract and may ditch me whenever they feel like.

I will look for loan players but I think there is a limit to how many I can get.

I am thinking of getting rid of the 2 players I am paying wages to and get similar rated youngsters who only was no more than £50 per week.

Thanks for the tips again, hopefully all is well.

With limited wage budget try getting loan players or sign good young players with youth contracts (which cost only 5pw). And offer nice bonuses to lower wages in contract negotiations.

Only get the real good players with part time/full time contracts so that they can't leave your team. You can always have the backbone of your team on non-contracts and giving them an appearance bonus.

Limit your staff, the only staff members you really need is an assistant manager, a physio and one scout. Assistant manager can usually get you one star rating each training category, but your facilities will suck so you wont be developing any players (and when you climb the leagues, you'll get rid of most of your players on the way anyway)

Hmm, thanks on the staff tip was thinking what to do with them anyway...

Also, do I stick with English players for now? If so, when can I start getting the international players?

stick to english players untill championship leaue, then look abroad for good players

Back