Reaction score
Alright so i'll preface this and admit i'm not exactly tactically astute and I've always been more of a "tried and tested" guy but I've started work on a tactic of my own and I'd like some advice on viability, pitfalls and improvements. I've stuck more to "player instructions" than team instructions so far but i'll highlight what I'm aiming for.

View attachment 86212View attachment 86211
Player instructions :

B2B : Dribble More, Shoot Less
AM : Dribble More, Risky Passes, Shoot More
CD Stopper : Close Down More
LEFT DW : Sit Wider

Working from the back what I am looking for is :

: My CD Stopper to close down Target men and central strikers in tandem with my Defensive Midfielder screening the back

: B2B to run the right side of the pitch, dropping slightly deeper and pushing slightly forward
: AM to be a Second Striker, I tried the actual instruction and he was far too high, i'm looking for him to basically cover the central midfield and push into attack, basically one step higher up than the B2B.
: Left DW to sit wider and cover up and down the left side, providing a passing option and crosses
: Right WB to provide through balls to my Raumdetaur out wide and cover defensively for him and the B2B
: DLF I'm really not sure what to do with him, i've struggled to get Kane firing for the first season in itself. Possibly drop deeper and provide passes for the AM and Raumdeteur to run on to, providing longer shots from himself.

What i'm looking for is advice on how to proceed with tactical instructions and what could be improved. It's turned into a viable tactic with some good wins so far but I feel I could get more out of it, especially my DLF. I've stuck with structured so far so the team keeps the shape intended.

Thanks!