Looking for tactical help/advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve updated the post a little, with what you suggest to change BWM and how deep should be the defense line ?
Thanks!

I`ve updated the post a little, with what you suggest to change BWM and how deep should be the defense line ?
Thanks!
I suggest something other than a BWM, obviously. As for the line, up to you. Watch matches to get an idea.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't clear enough earlier? You're dropping deeper, which creates a bigger gap between the D and M lines. The only player staying back to help the defence, is a BWM. Once the opposition gets the ball is within eyesight, he'll go hunting for the ball, leaving a gap in front of the defence. The fact that you're widening the gap between midfield and defence, means the gap the BWM leaves will be even bigger and less chance of another midfielder helping out.

Last edited:
Formation

View attachment 211096

Team instructions

View attachment 211094

The only player instructions I have are:

Fullbacks: Cut inside
Defensive Mid: Shot less and Fewer risky passes

I'm managing Bordeaux in Ligue 1. First season. I'm currently in 7th, 4 points behind the 4th with 22 games played of 38. I expect to finish top4.
The media predicts I finish 7th, but I think I can do better than that.

I expect the striker and inside forwards to score the goals and the advanced playmaker and inside forwards to assist them. I read that with this formation a F9 would be a better choice, but I want my striker to score more than assist.

About defending, I use a high line, my center backs are fast enough to get the balls I believe. I use a defensive midfielder too, so he can help the center backs in the defending department. I read that if use a flat midfielder with 3, the fullbacks would have less work as they would have the help of my midfielders to stop skilled wingers. The main problem with this formation is the space between the IF's and the FB's, and I don't really know how to fix this... maybe I should try the flat midfielder after all, but then I'm not sure that the center backs could defend themselves alone.

My main problems are, my shots don't usually cause any trouble to the other team. I can get 15-25 shots and only 4-6 are on target. Other problem is that although I don't allow many shots, if the team can get 2 or 3 on target they usually are score... It really gets me frustrated because I need 20 shots to score and they only need 1 or 2...

I will also leave this screens if they can be of any use

View attachment 211083

Notes:

- I play FM Classic or Touch, the ME is the same but I don't have team talks and I don't use OI's.
- I used more than one tactic so far, and I didn't have much success.

Formation

View attachment 985457

Team instructions

View attachment 985461

The only player instructions I have are:

Fullbacks: Cut inside
Defensive Mid: Shot less and Fewer risky passes

I'm managing Bordeaux in Ligue 1. First season. I'm currently in 7th, 4 points behind the 4th with 22 games played of 38. I expect to finish top4.
The media predicts I finish 7th, but I think I can do better than that.

I expect the striker and inside forwards to score the goals and the advanced playmaker and inside forwards to assist them. I read that with this formation a F9 would be a better choice, but I want my striker to score more than assist.

About defending, I use a high line, my center backs are fast enough to get the balls I believe. I use a defensive midfielder too, so he can help the center backs in the defending department. I read that if use a flat midfielder with 3, the fullbacks would have less work as they would have the help of my midfielders to stop skilled wingers. The main problem with this formation is the space between the IF's and the FB's, and I don't really know how to fix this... maybe I should try the flat midfielder after all, but then I'm not sure that the center backs could defend themselves alone.

My main problems are, my shots don't usually cause any trouble to the other team. I can get 15-25 shots and only 4-6 are on target. Other problem is that although I don't allow many shots, if the team can get 2 or 3 on target they usually are score... It really gets me frustrated because I need 20 shots to score and they only need 1 or 2...

I will also leave this screens if they can be of any use

View attachment 985488

Notes:

- I play FM Classic or Touch, the ME is the same but I don't have team talks and I don't use OI's.
- I used more than one tactic so far, and I didn't have much success.
You're better off creating a new thread.

Sampdoria 2nd season Blues

Team: Sampdoria
Media Prediction: 8th
Current Position: 20th (After 5 Games)
Vision: Front four to have free reign interchanging and setting things on a plate for Hemed to finish, Zvikovic out as a winger and Lincoln cutting inside while Soriano pulls the strings.
Defending: Corners are the major downfall with at least 8 of the 11 conceded coming from corners while a lot have been late goals also.

Team: Sampdoria
Media Prediction: 8th
Current Position: 20th (After 5 Games)
Vision: Front four to have free reign interchanging and setting things on a plate for Hemed to finish, Zvikovic out as a winger and Lincoln cutting inside while Soriano pulls the strings.
Defending: Corners are the major downfall with at least 8 of the 11 conceded coming from corners while a lot have been late goals also.
I'm not quite sure what this is, but start a thread. If corners are an issue, INFO is required about them. How you set up and the players' attributes.

Can somebody explain me why this tactical setup is so bad, please?View attachment 210877

We were unable to defeat even our reserve team:
View attachment 210878

We are not able to score. Not even when facing only the keeper.
We are pumping the ball forward even with play out of defense and work ball into box TI'S. Even adding lower tempo we are still pumping it. At first I thought this was due to the playmaker roles but this guys are not even involved in game( and when they are , they always choose the hollywood pass who always gets intercepted - they are not even once trying to control the game, play short one-twos etc- they're pumping!!!). I understand that the control mentality requires a quick build up play but if this is the way we play with control how should we play with overload?! Sending the ball into the other half using an airplane?!
I made a thread on why I chose the roles/duties and mentality/fluidity. I simply don't see where I was so wrong.Please show me.

Aaa, and the players are sometimes simply sitting on the pitch, the ball just gets near them and they stand....

Status
Not open for further replies.