Lost in the Soviet Union: (The USSR Domination Challenge)

Nisbet

Reaction score

Lost in the Soviet Union

(The USSR Domination Challenge)

images

"No football club from what was the old Soviet Union area has ever lifted the most prised
trophy in European club football... The Champions League!"

images

Your challenge should you choose to accept it is simple...

Win the Champions League with a Club from either Belarus, Ukraine or Russia!

Sound straight forward?

I forgot to mention you have to start the game "Unemployed" with a "Sunday League" reputation.

Rules:

• Load up all Leagues (top two) from Belarus, Ukraine & Russia.
  • Start the game in Feburary 2011 in Russia.
  • Load a "Large" database including all players from "Eastern Europe" (only) should your computer allow.
  • Put in your details as normal & remember to pick "Sunday League Reputation".
  • Start as Unemployed.
  • Then go on holiday & set to "Apply for all jobs", "Return when offered a job", "Go on holiday indefinitely".
  • You do not have to accept the first job offered if you don't want however the longer you remain unemployed the longer it will be before you start edging closer to your goal of winning The Champions League!
  • You can move clubs as many or as little times as you like, as long as you are offered the job legitimately.

Where will your journey start?!!!

images
images

images

Side Challenges:
  • Manage in all 3 Countries.
  • Win the top league in Belarus, Ukraine & Russia.
  • Win the Champions League with a team from Belarus.
  • Win the top league with a team that has never won it before (in any or all leagues).
  • Qualify from a Champions League Group without losing a game.
  • Qualify from a Champions League Group having won every game.
  • Win the European Supper Cup.
  • Win the World Club Cup.
  • Win the Champions League 3 times in a row.
  • Win the Champions League 5 times in a row (equalling Real Madrid's record, set 1956-1960 at the start of the competition).
  • Win the Champions League 6 times in a row (beating Real Madrid's record).
  • Gain a World Class Reputation.
  • Become a legend at a club.
  • Become a millionaire (Career earnings over £1m).
  • Become a multimillionaire (Career earnings over £10m).

images

"All This could Be yours!"

As with all other Challenges if you are interested please post all relevant information when appropriate and at the end of each season post, League positions, Cup wins, Best 11... ect.

Good luck or as they say in Russian, удача (udacha)!

Last edited:
will start this today, hoping to post updates very sooon

I will also give this a try!

Would it be possible to do this selecting a "Small" database and then all players from "Eastern Europe"? If so, I'm definitely up for the challenge!

EDIT: If I select a "Small" database, that makes it 49000 players and two and a half stars of Estimated Game Speed. If I choose the "Large" one, it decreases to only two stars. Too slow. What a pity, I really wanted to try this :(.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to do this selecting a "Small" database and then all players from "Eastern Europe"? If so, I'm definitely up for the challenge!

EDIT: If I select a "Small" database, that makes it 49000 players and two and a half stars of Estimated Game Speed. If I choose the "Large" one, it decreases to only two stars. Too slow. What a pity, I really wanted to try this :(.

Yeah of course that is fine. Btw I wouldn't pay much attention to the stars for game speed they don't really mean much from my experience.

Ps for anyone else wanting to do the challenge there is a few months of nothing if you get a job straight away in the Ukraine having loaded started the game in Russia. If you don't want this it is fine to load the game starting in the Ukraine. Just list this on your posts.

Cheers

Have fun

I've finally decided to give it a try. Don't expect a great game though. Here's how it all began:

qaiGc.png

I set it up as required.

tnzk7.png

I couldn't come up with a good name so I just invented it.

It didn't even take a single day to be approached by a club. It was SKA Khabarovsk, who play in the Russian second tier. I decided to wait a week in order to see if any other club was interested. I didn't have another choice, so I signed, trying to get the highest salary possible.

oUIaA.png

SKA Khabarovsk want me! Managing them has been my dream since I was a kid! [Ironic mode OFF]

GBXpY.png

Well, it's a good amount. I accept!

(Forgot to take screenshots of club finances and such. Sorry :p)

I was told that we had a match on the following day. Against Rubin Kazan! I suddenly wanted to leave the club. Specially when I took a look at the squad:

iXmZR.jpg

You can't see it, but I assure you that they are really bad.

I just let my assistant select the starting eleven. I fielded a 4-1-3-2 and hoped for the best. This happened:

HeGse.png

I... I knew it from the very start.

I was full of confidence. It didn't matter that we were lacking players both in the left wing and left wing-back. We had drawn against one of the best teams in Russia! The match against our reserve team was going to be a bed of roses.

KtG3a.png

They even got 2 up. Their first goal was a missed cross that ended up beating our keeper. Some singings are coming. I won't be playing this for now as I'm focused on my BSK Borca save, but I'll play from time to time.

hehehe started this, and am also in charge of ska khabarovsk...doing poorly, but will stick through it :D

After a little testing, I've figured out what to do. Luckily, I've had some time to scout and recruit staff. I've finally signed some players. The objective this year is to get above the predicted 10th finish and to advance through the Cup in order to get extra funds. I attended a Russian trial and another trial held by the club and I got some good talent from them. I have mostly signed bench warmers and reserves, and I found some quality among the players that were already at the club (incredibly).

vMfNK.png

mmMBL.png

ctob7.png

QUe1I.png

yMCv1.png

I have also decided how I want the team to play. As I already said in my last post, SKA Khabarovsk don't have left midfielders. This, added to the end of the transfer period made me go for a 4-1-2-1-2 with two central midfielders. I made the club stretch the field so we could take more advantage of home games. I asked the board to improve our training facilities and they accepted.

The friendlies didn't go as bad as I thought after the armageddon vs the reserves. In fact, I discovered a positive aspect of my roster: they can score from almost every part of the pitch. This may be our best weapon in this journey.

0vDDR.png

esITV.png

731xd.png

Three friendlies left. Then, the real thing starts. I just can't wait! I'll come back after the first 10 league matches or so.
I had never gone for a challenge, and I'm getting excited about this one!

Last edited: