Louis Van Gaal Ajax 91-97 Tactic - Help Needed !

Thanks man I will try it tonight. Did you make it ? Have you got any external stats and player roles which need to fulfilled along with it. Thanks for the link appreciate it

Thanks man I will try it tonight. Did you make it ? Have you got any external stats and player roles which need to fulfilled along with it. Thanks for the link appreciate it

Yes, I ve made it. It took me almost a year to get it right, so that players play the way I want. This tactic is a very beautifull to watch, but you need quite good players, especially full backs, center back and all 3 holding mids (with good passing, aggres., creativity..) all players should have a high stamina, good technique and solid pace. Wingers are classic, so left leg on the left side, right leg on the right side, but since full backs are overlaping often, you culd also put inside forwards. Possesion, CCC and very attacking, fluid play! But please pe patient it could take a while to gel the team togeather.
Its a classic tactic so there are no roles for each players, I tried for months with all sliders combination in each position..
If you play away and with strong oppo. set your fullbacks more defensive and also put all team less wide.
Please let me know what do you think and maybe I will make a complete thread then.
Thanks for your response.

Yes, I ve made it. It took me almost a year to get it right, so that players play the way I want. This tactic is a very beautifull to watch, but you need quite good players, especially full backs, center back and all 3 holding mids (with good passing, aggres., creativity..) all players should have a high stamina, good technique and solid pace. Wingers are classic, so left leg on the left side, right leg on the right side, but since full backs are overlaping often, you culd also put inside forwards. Possesion, CCC and very attacking, fluid play! But please pe patient it could take a while to gel the team togeather.
Its a classic tactic so there are no roles for each players, I tried for months with all sliders combination in each position..
If you play away and with strong oppo. set your fullbacks more defensive and also put all team less wide.
Please let me know what do you think and maybe I will make a complete thread then.
Thanks for your response.
thinking of giving this a go with ajax default team no siging do you think it would work?

thinking of giving this a go with ajax default team no siging do you think it would work?
Actually I am also thinking to try it with Ajax, but probably without strenghtening the squad would be quite diffucult, especially in Champions League.
Please let me know how it works for you and I look forward to any new ideas and tweeks you have.
Thanks and rgds

Actually I am also thinking to try it with Ajax, but probably without strenghtening the squad would be quite diffucult, especially in Champions League.
Please let me know how it works for you and I look forward to any new ideas and tweeks you have.
Thanks and rgds
well thanks for the reply im doing the ajax challeng from this site where you cant buy any 1 but have to use your young players

Thanks for the reply. Im loading up the fluidity with my roma team at the moment. I tried when it wasnt so fluid ended with a 3-3 draw but i'm going to give it more time to become more fluid so I can try it out properly. Appreciate the work u put into it. Could you please post some screenshots of you're match stats from a couple of games so I can see the tactic in full flow. Also could you show me the team you used for the tactic to work so I can get an idea for the type of team you used. I'll probably a full response with results in the next couple of days. Really appreciate the help.

Good luck post some screenshots of you're results please. Thanks again Jnslo

Thanks and rgds
how do you think this would do with man u?

I will post results, matches, etc when I finish a season in my current save with Barca. So far its going quite good. In my previous save I was changing and tweeking the formation all the time so the results are not completely appropriate. My atack is very dangerous but I am still quite exposed on a counter.
If you have tried to tweek something please let me know. I believe this tatctic could be superb with a few small changes.
Please let me know how it works for you.
And sorry for my late reply, I moved to anoher flat and only get internet yesterday.
Kitchin75: I think that with Man Utd it should work fine.

Alright thanks. I'm still letting it get fluid as i'm switching between two saves at the moment. I've played around two or three game with it. But cant really judge it at the moment. Been pretty open at the back. I think I may need to tweak some PI's a bit to suit my players. Playing with Roma at the moment. After a few days Ill be more able to review and try changing it. Look forward to you're screenshots e.t.c

Sorry for my late reply. I am very busy with my work and new flat and yctually dont have much time to play the game. However I finished half a season with Barca using my 3-4-3 tactic without tweaking - just plug and play (all team matters I am leaving to my assistant). Have to say tactic works great, a lot of possesion, tons of goals bombing in from everywhere. Even defence is decent with not many goals received. Majority of matches I won with a great margin, but there were also a few hard fought matches. I had a few injury crisis (especially Xavi missing for almost 6 months). The tactic became fully fluid in November, so it really need some time to gel!!
So hereby some screenshots:View attachment 278519View attachment 278520View attachment 278521View attachment 278522View attachment 278523View attachment 278524View attachment 278525View attachment 278526View attachment 278527View attachment 278528View attachment 278529View attachment 278530View attachment 278531View attachment 278532View attachment 278533View attachment 278534View attachment 278535View attachment 278536View attachment 278537View attachment 278538View attachment 278539View attachment 278540View attachment 278541View attachment 278542View attachment 278543View attachment 278544View attachment 278544View attachment 278545View attachment 278546View attachment 278547View attachment 278548View attachment 278549View attachment 278550View attachment 278551View attachment 278552View attachment 278553View attachment 278554View attachment 278555View attachment 278556View attachment 278557View attachment 278558View attachment 278559View attachment 278560View attachment 278561View attachment 278562View attachment 278563View attachment 278564View attachment 278565View attachment 278566View attachment 278567View attachment 278568View attachment 278569View attachment 278570View attachment 278571View attachment 278572View attachment 278573View attachment 278574View attachment 278575View attachment 278576View attachment 278577View attachment 278578View attachment 278579View attachment 278580View attachment 278581View attachment 278582View attachment 278583View attachment 278547View attachment 278571
I would very pleased if you could try it and let me know your thoughts ideas etc.
Thanks!

NEVER use the off side trap if your playing a SWEEPER as playing a SWEEPER totally negates playing the offside trap you see you have to look at it like this: when playing a sweeper you are effectively asking him to protect your team by intercepting and stopping any threats in behind your team! the same works with the off side trap but in reverse you are effectively asking your defensive unit to all move up in coordination to catch any opponent trying to get in behind and as I have just explained my good man both these ideas cannot exist together, playing the offside trap when using a sweeper is basically a suicide in FM same as playing the offside trap with a high line

NEVER use the off side trap if your playing a SWEEPER as playing a SWEEPER totally negates playing the offside trap you see you have to look at it like this: when playing a sweeper you are effectively asking him to protect your team by intercepting and stopping any threats in behind your team! the same works with the off side trap but in reverse you are effectively asking your defensive unit to all move up in coordination to catch any opponent trying to get in behind and as I have just explained my good man both these ideas cannot exist together, playing the offside trap when using a sweeper is basically a suicide in FM same as playing the offside trap with a high line

Thanks mate!
I totally agree with all you are saying.
But as you know its very difficult to replicate real world tactics in FM due to match engine. When I worked on my tactic to replicate Ajax (mid 90´) I tried many, many things and in the end I decided to give it a go with the classic tactic, cause I found it extremely difficult to replicate with players roles. So in classic mode I ve tried almost every possible sliders combinations and also falt midfield vs diamond, 3 centerbacks vs 1 + 2 fullbacks.. However in the end of may tweaking the best results and gameplay was with 1 DM, 1CB and 2 FB (bombing forward), of course with all CM, DM and CB covering the space. When I played without Offside trap I lost on possession (probably because of larger gap between the lines) and then I was even more exposed on a counter. But I have to admit that I was really changing settings all the time, so I will give it ago with your suggestion once more to see if it works better.
Thanks again for your thoughts, would also apperciate if you could try and maybe tweak something or introduce any new idea.. to make the tactic even better.