Lower league discussion? Challenges discussion?

pipodeclown

Reaction score
So I remember that this amazing forum used to have a section for lower league discussion. Also one for challenges. Will these still be made? or is there just not enough people interested in them?

Am looking to do a lower league game with AFC Flyde a team I used to train with when I lived in Blackpool with my old man about 5 years ago. The only problem doing a lower league save is knowing the players in that league who are good its hard to attract players as well. Is there a thread with lower league players?

my 1st try of FM2015 im 2nd in the Vanarma Conf. with Forest Green.
4pts off Eastleigh (their James Constable is 19g-31p)

Kurthis Gunthrie,
Luke Oliver,
Dale Bennet,
Clovis Kamdjo
Sam Wedgbury
Steve Arnold Gk
have been stars(only mentions over 20+games).

only prob is finances -760k approx and season projected -2.6 million!

that was signing fees for players coming in jan! even if i sell all the star players it wont cover the balance as player sale values are shocking

any ideas how to rescue the finances in little leagues?

any ideas how to rescue the finances in little leagues?

-you should really use a smaller squad if you can. loan players out at 100% salary so they are off your books.
-dont worry about getting transfer fees for your role players. if you have players you dont need, sell them for free so you can get rid of their salary
-loan players in at 0% salary. you can usually find players that are much better than anyone on your team and you wont have to pay a dime for them. its a win-win
-check to see if you have any transfer clauses you can sell. sometimes your team starts off with a few and you can cash them in.
-get a senior affiliate. remember to schedule the friendly because its a guaranteed sell out
-play friendlies when you can. try to go for the most money whether its home or away. teams will pay your reserve squad for friendlies too so dont forgot to schedule some for them
-if you are really desperate and you have a valuable player, sell him. it might not make the most sense football-wise but it could just get you the money you need to move forward and operate better as a club

i like a big squad because i was getting 1/2 injuries every game! :D
hadnt thought of -loan players in at 0% salary.

thanks.

i would have started even lower smaller club but decided not to in case id be stuck with semi-professional bugs and wages probs of past titles

i like a big squad because i was getting 1/2 injuries every game! :D
hadnt thought of -loan players in at 0% salary.

thanks.

i would have started even lower smaller club but decided not to in case id be stuck with semi-professional bugs and wages probs of past titles
yea loaning in players is huge for lower level teams. even if you are negotiating a transfer, you can loan the player and set a future fee. that way you can use the player but you wont pay his wages until you activate the future fee. i have 5 players on loan like that right now lol

I am currently managing Corby Town FC in the Conference North and i am finding it impossible to attract any quality players over the age of 20 to play for my side. Obviously it doesn't help that I'm a semi-professional side but i can't even get anyone on loan (anyone with 2 or more star ability just isn't interested in signing on loan for me). I have tried finding a parent club 3 times but the board just comes back to me every time saying they can't find any suitable clubs. I have had my squad for 13 months now and it is literally filled with either U/21s or 34/35 yo in the twilight of their career. My bank balance is pretty average (50K) which means the board won't let me increase the wage budget which is a measly 6.5K/week.

- Does anyone have any tips for recruiting players or know why i can't get any to sign for me?

I am currently managing Corby Town FC in the Conference North and i am finding it impossible to attract any quality players over the age of 20 to play for my side. Obviously it doesn't help that I'm a semi-professional side but i can't even get anyone on loan (anyone with 2 or more star ability just isn't interested in signing on loan for me). I have tried finding a parent club 3 times but the board just comes back to me every time saying they can't find any suitable clubs. I have had my squad for 13 months now and it is literally filled with either U/21s or 34/35 yo in the twilight of their career. My bank balance is pretty average (50K) which means the board won't let me increase the wage budget which is a measly 6.5K/week.

- Does anyone have any tips for recruiting players or know why i can't get any to sign for me?

ask your board to make your club professional. its crucial to signing anybody worthwhile

What i meant more is to have a section just for LLM like the old days

ask your board to make your club professional. its crucial to signing anybody worthwhile

I have no where near the required resources to operate at a professional level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from Corby! Come on the mighty steelmen haha

Is there anybody on this forum that has a LLM experience that knows off good players for the conference north. Started a season with AFC Flyde.

I am a LLM veteran, as i get quickly bored starting in higher leagues.

From my experience there are a few key things you can do to progress quickly some of which have already been mentioned

1. Arrange friendlies in preseason to raise funds
2. play direct football - tiki taka will not work due to the poor quality players and worse pitches
3. loan players at 0% wages - aim to strengthen your first 11 but if you can only get 2 who can make your starting 11 fill your loan quota to increase your strength in depth (these players are free make the most of them)
4. find a parent club ( in the past boards have been reluctant until you turn pro to make such links but worth a try)
5. take the FA cup extremely seriously!!!!!! it offers huge financial benefits if you can get through past the first round
6. do not spend any money on players until you get to the championship, there is almost always an alternative on the free or loan market
7. do not exceed your wage budget, you will end up in a debt spiral you will never escape
8. switch any transfer budget across to wages
9. tactics have a greater impact than players at this level, find one that works with the style of players you buy (i.e. no point using route 1 target man tactics if you centre forward is jermaine defoe). always have a back up tactic ( i tend to use the same/similair formation but switch up tempo and mentality).

as for players on fm15 i have just started unemployed and got the hyde job so only played 6 games, but players that are doing well for me;
sergio menisio
david easthorpe
d'arcy o'connor
henoc mukendi

also may sound stupid (but i have had to advise a few friends already) but when searching for loans change the filters so realistic transfers is not ticked and tick realistic regular loans

hope this helps

Back