Lower League players have high potential?

Reaction score
I'm playing as Port Vale in League 2 in England, and there are multiple players that have a potential and even some with current ability at 3 and a half to 4 stars. I know this can't be right, cause that would make them as good as the top players in the world. Is it possibly bugged? Or has anyone had this problem before?

They have this current and potential star rating based on your clubs other players.

any way to turn it off and make it be compared to the top players? Cause now whenever I scout someone it says they have 4 star ability and 5 star potential, but they're attributes show they're really only about a 1 star ability

You only need to know the potential of the players in your league, if you compare any league 2 player to say messi, they're all gonna be 0 stars pretty much and i'm fairly sure Messi will never play in league 2.

I agree, but for scouting purposes this means that they're showing me the stars in relation to the league i'm in? Well my plan is to get them promoted all the way to the premier league through scouting, so now i won't know if someone is gonna be good in other leagues :(

Back