Lowly Bolton sack manager Megson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K
Feel it is a bit harsh, they are unbeaten in 6 games. He lost the support of the fans and that is crucial. Just saw the odds, Mark Hughes is favourite to replace him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go. Bolton play boring football and Hughes is used to the fast paced, attacking football of City.

A breath of fresh air for the fans I reckon if Hughes does take over. I never liked Megson but he was doing ok, shame that the fans had turneed on him but that's football. The fans mean near enough everything nowadays.

this is a retarded decision. wot did they expect everygood player went, he never had the money or wages to get similar players to Big sam. i hope he takes over at hull or somewhere like tht, and bolton get relegated

Bossman, Big Sam had the same sort of funds aswell, he only had a bit more because he got the best out of the team when he had a similiar ability squad which is the same now, which is why the board trusted him more.

This had to happen, although the Bolton fans seems like complete idiots, with banners saying "Megson out!!!!", it's pathetic.

How many people support Bolton on this site? They needed a change because they were (no offence) playing dire hoofball most of the time. If Hughes does come then they should be pleased that they have a different manager.

How many people support Bolton on this site? They needed a change because they were (no offence) playing dire hoofball most of the time. If Hughes does come then they should be pleased that they have a different manager.
Well it's pretty hard to play nice football when you've got players like Kevin Davies playing who just wants it route 1 to his head.

Your being a little harsh on Bolton and Megson, they don't have the ability of players to play decent football.

Bossman, Big Sam had the same sort of funds aswell, he only had a bit more because he got the best out of the team when he had a similiar ability squad which is the same now, which is why the board trusted him more.

This had to happen, although the Bolton fans seems like complete idiots, with banners saying "Megson out!!!!", it's pathetic.

big sam was able to offer higher wages to players like, Jay-Jay, Anelka, Campo, Youri Dor
kuff(cant spell) megson could never do tht

I suppose you are right Max. You make a good point. I just think that sacking Megson means that Bolton have a chance of a new start and it could be a breath of fresh air to everyone at the club. I wasn't slating Megson, just saying that Bolton could use the change. :)

Bolton are rubbish, if they didnt expect a relegation fight this season with the amount that they havent invested in the squad then they are obviously deluded. They have a few strong players, Cahill, Jussi, Taylor, Klasnic, but with the rest of the squad, I wouldnt want most of there team playing in a championship team, let alone a Prem team.

I dont dislike Bolton in anyway, I just dont see how sacking there manager is going to help when they dont have a strong enough team for the prem.

Shouldn't have sold Nolan. (6)

Foolish of Bolton I hope the new manager gets them sacked just to spite trigger happy chairmans who sack people for fun

Phil Gartside is not trigger happy, he is one of the more loyal and reasonable chairmans.

He isnt the most trigger happy but look at the top teams they have had their managers for 5 years plus he should have given megson more time they have just not had the luck in some games i,e their 3-2 loss to liverpool which they should have won

I preditcted he would be first to go so I wasn't far off :P

Back