Mac crash dump on launch...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sterling101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6K

Sterling101

Reaction score
I assume alot of people have had this, anyone found a way around it? or do i spend my time waiting for a fix from SI?

any help appreciated, thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

seriously? please... someone must have an answer? even if it is the dreaded "wait for a fix cause we haven't found one yet" =/

Having a similar problem with Mac. I get the error message below.

View attachment 197946

I've been going round in circles for days now, trying to find a solution, nothing yet.

I have the exact same problem as you LiamNicol.

I've re-installed fm 12 demo & steam but still have the same issue

Well SI seem to be having problems with some Macs mainly due to the graphics cards and stuff, check the link below for the next few days to see if they can solve the problem, it's currently unlikely that you will be able to play it until they get it sorted.

Sports Interactive Community

I have the exact same problem as you LiamNicol.

I've re-installed fm 12 demo & steam but still have the same issue

I emailed the tech support guys and got the response below. Guess my graphics card ain't man enough for the job.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.
This type of error is usually caused when the display card falls short of the system requirements.

Please confirm that your MAC meets the system requirements as listed here:

http://segauk.epticahosting.
com/selfsegauk/template.do?id=5104

If it is the case that your MAC meets the requirements of the game, can you confirm your MAC model and OS X version?

Kind regards

Its really weird though since the Specs are the exact same as Football Manager 2011, so I really can't see why there is a problem :/

The reply I got today, and the specs I emailed.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.
I'm afraid that it isn't.

Unfortunately Football Manager 2012 requires either an ATI or Nvidia graphics card to run.

Kind regards,
John.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Your message:

Thank you for your quick reply.I am 10.5.8 Intel and the graphics/display card is Intel GMA 950.Is this not powerful enough to cope?
Well, that's that then.

Ahhh sorry to hear that mate, have you not got another computer you could play it on?

Ahhh sorry to hear that mate, have you not got another computer you could play it on?

Sadly not. I've just been pricing up a new graphics card to see if it was worth going for. Prices were slightly higher than I imagined.

Nvidia: £779.00
ATI: £203.00 (not too bad, but not worth the outlay for a 3D match engine that I don't use)

To be honest, the Steam thing annoyed me, this has just topped it off.

But I do know why they went with Steam and of course, technology changes eventually.

Jesus! Never knew graphics cards were so expensive! Im guessing they're top of the range graphics cards?

ATI: £203.00 (not too bad, but not worth the outlay for a 3D match engine that I don't use)

Not too bad? In my bank account I literally have £1.36 xD That's like extremely expensive for me ;)
If Football manager is the only game you play on your computer then i don't think you should go for an expensive graphics card, i mean my laptop is 4 years old and the graphics card which is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 handles the 3D graphics superbly and my card is a low end one too. You should just get one that is just higher than the specs like an ATI Radeon 5000 series, they are pretty cheap and will handle the game very well :)

In fact i've just forgot that you were a Mac user, so yeah obviously the prices will be much higher since most cards are not compatible with Macs :/ Macs are not my specialty so i have no idea what the best low end graphics card would be.

Last edited:
Jesus! Never knew graphics cards were so expensive! Im guessing they're top of the range graphics cards?

Not too bad? In my bank account I literally have £1.36 xD That's like extremely expensive for me ;)
If Football manager is the only game you play on your computer then i don't think you should go for an expensive graphics card, i mean my laptop is 4 years old and the graphics card which is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 handles the 3D graphics superbly and my card is a low end one too. You should just get one that is just higher than the specs like an ATI Radeon 5000 series, they are pretty cheap and will handle the game very well :)

In fact i've just forgot that you were a Mac user, so yeah obviously the prices will be much higher since most cards are not compatible with Macs :/ Macs are not my specialty so i have no idea what the best low end graphics card would be.

Absolutely. There's no way I could go out and spend £203 just like that! FM is the only game I've owned and played since FM05 came out. Actually, I think the wife is pretty pleased about this news!

I will look into my options, even if that means getting a second hand one. My other concern is I'm not a hardware man at all, so would be looking at the cost of getting a new card fitted as well.

Simply not worth the money for a management simulation game. Or is it... :-)

Absolutely. There's no way I could go out and spend £203 just like that! FM is the only game I've owned and played since FM05 came out. Actually, I think the wife is pretty pleased about this news!

I will look into my options, even if that means getting a second hand one. My other concern is I'm not a hardware man at all, so would be looking at the cost of getting a new card fitted as well.

Simply not worth the money for a management simulation game. Or is it... :-)

See if you had a normal windows PC you wouldn't have these problems ;) But hey lets not get into an argument over which is better xD It seems every wife is happy when something happens to your own fun!

Yeah i was going to suggest ebay as the alternative in my previous but i got carried away in rambling on about things. Also if you do get the new card fitted don't go to PC world, they will charge you a fortune for such a little job, they rip you off so bad there. Go to a smaller more local shop that you trust and they will more than likely do it there and then in front of you and probably won't charge you as much.

Well it depends, what if you win a competition to be Alex Fergusons' successor at Man Utd? Then at least this game will give you some sort of idea on what wonderkids to buy and stuff, become an EVERTON! But in all seriousness, thats your choice, i myself would not pay over £200 just to be able to play this game.

How? what year is your mac? mine is 2006 but it doesn't meet requirements.... but fm 11 worked fine apart from not being able to play matches in 3d

SI Please help.It Sucks Not To Play Fm after 4 years of playing it.

the same thing happened to me. You have to completely uninstall the game from your mac (delete the whole thing, except for your saved games. move your saved games to another folder on the desktop or something.) Install the game again, add the updates, and it should work.

P.S: Your saved games won't work with the reinstalled version unless you have the updates/

Back