MAC... Game wont launch.......

• Thread starter Thread starter aussie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 10K

aussie

Reaction score
This is what sh!ts me about using steam. I bought the fm12 through steam months ago. But today i get home, want to play a little FM, but all it says when i click play is a split second of preparing to launch...... then nothing...

Usually the FM logo bounces and starts but nothing.......

Why cant i just put the CD in and play like the good old days....

Im desperate for answers to this guys, im sure people have had this problem....

Thanks.

£*€k STEAM

Last edited:
I'm having the exact same problem right now (am in Aust.). Am trying to re-install at the moment. Tried re-verifying cache/killing steam through activity monitor etc. as suggested in other threads but no luck.

It was very late and I was quite bleary eyed when I quit the game last night but I do recall seeing a message from steam regarding a beta client trial period ending or something (can't recall exactly). I'm wondering if we need to reinstall steam? Will try this if re-installing game doesn't work.

Check out the last post on this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-technical-help/85266-steam-help-thread-17.html

Let you know if I have any luck.

Success! - kind of.

I re-downloaded the steam app and copied it into my applications folder (replacing the old one in the process). When I launched steam it downloaded an update. FM then started no problems! I quit to make sure it wasn't a one-off (as I'd read elsewhere).

Steam then asked me to restart to apply an update (Apr 19th).

BUT... when I re-started... you're back to square one - FM won't run.

Reinstalled steam again - didn't restart and apply the update as prompted, and FM works again.

Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing but basically I think given an update came out 19th Apr and suddenly FM won't work for us there's probably a connection.

So you can get it to run, but it won't fix the problem (ie: as it stands I need to reinstall steam each time I want to play, which only takes a minute but I'm hoping this won't be a permanent thing - that would suck).

Hope that helps.

am also having this problem, has anyone contacted steam/sports interactive. i haven't tried uninstalling because i'm worried about losing my saved game (190 hrs). this is really crappy please someone come up with a solution

having the same problem here also iMac. i mean first the log in server were down for nearly a hole day now the update comes and i can't play again...even in 6 years wow (where you actually need to be online ^^) i didn't have the problems I'm having with steam..which i only need because of FM 12...sucks

I came home from school to play some FM and all it says is "preparing to launch FM 2012" and then just closes. I've tried verifying the game. I hate steam with a passion. so ******* annoying

Yup, I'm having the exact same problem as well. I have a mac too. I can't remember any recenty updates or patches, though, so I don't know what could have caused this. I've had the same problem before, sadly enough, and IIRC the last time it was a FM12 patch that broke the game for mac-users.

Hi guys same here mac

checked my cache and it installed something there then reinstalled steam then it worked

Macbook Pro. Same problem. This Steam thing ****** me right off. Like Aussie said. **** STEAM.

I think it is because there have been updates to STEAM and to FM 2012 that it doesn't work on MACs don't know if PC is having the same problem... it will get serious if they don't fix it quick

FFS! They need to fix this ASAP. This is seriously frustrating

Edit: Like others said, when I closed FM yesterday Steam said that a beta version had ended. So I just pressed accept/ok or whatever. So now the thing isn't working.

Why can't it just be like the old days where you have your disc and can play wherever, whenever?!

Last edited:
So is this a Mac thing or an australian thing... I'm surprised by the amount of people that are having the same problem. Steam have seriously got to get their **** together!!

When you have payed for a game it should yours to play whenever you want!

I didnt notice any beta update etc. I usually leave it running. but when I was playing it just froze...

I will admit that I like the idea of steam but I hope another company comes out who can do it properly....

Right first things first. Watch your language. I will hand out infractions.

Secondly its a MAC issue caused by the latest Steam Client update. SI have raised this to Steam, so you will have to be patient.

Thirdly there will always be DRM, whether is Steam, or the far more invasive Origin. (If you dislike Steam, you will hate Origin)

As for the old days? Well thats what happens when people pirate the game at a 6:1 ratio. They have to find DRM.

Steam totally prevented Zero day piracy (piracy before the game is actually released) and the game wasnt cracked for 10 days. Becuase of that, FM12 quadrupled it's sales compared to FM11, and as a result SI have been able to hire 9 more staff with another 7 to come.

Last edited:
Back