Mad as Hatters: A Luton Town F.C Story

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBoss77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5K

TheBoss77

Reaction score
Hi. I have decided to embark upon a new challenge, and get my teeth into a new challenge, and have decided that LLM is the way forward. Therefore, I have decided to take over Luton Town.

I would really welcome any help, advice or feedback you could offer to help me as I embark upon my quest for European glory.

I am going to use Screenshots to tell my story and will be adding my thoughts and opinions in the 1st person. I will try to make my story as appealing and eye-catching as I possibly can, but could use your help and feedback.

Thanks !!

Here goes .........

200px-LutonTownFC2009.png

Hatters appoint Bergstrom

Luton Town have today announced the appointment of 34 year old Jesper Bergstrom as the club's new manager. The former Danish international, eligible to have played for Scotland, the country of his birth, is delighted at his first job in management.

I'm delighted to have been hired, the club are massive with a great history and good financial backing. We've a great stadium and a squad more than capable of winning this league and see a bright future for Luton.

images
View attachment 246994

SEASON EXPECTATIONS

The board want me to win the league this year and I feel I have the credentials to do so. I will look at my squad and remove any free-loaders looking to make a fast buck out of me.

Youth is something I will focus quite heavily on, as I don't have a transfer budget this season and limited wage resources.

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 246993

I feel I have a decent squad, and feel I won't be delving into the transfer market until January, I'd like to see this lot play first. I think I need to get them used to my tactics before ripping the team to bits and bringing in new players, disrupting the cohesion of my squad.

I will perhaps look to bring in another goalkeeper and will be scouting a few youngsters, with Pilkington used as a mentor.

Looking at my defence, a decent left-back will be a priority, as my tactics will depend on having 2 strong and pacy full backs.

Midfield is an area I feel we are alright in, although I feel a top-drawer striker will be a must, especially with my false 9 tactic.

Onto tactics, and my main tactic for the season will be as follows .....

View attachment 246995

It's massively attack minded, creating loads of chances and dominating possession, and will benefit us at home.

Away from home, I feel the following tactic could be usedView attachment 246996

PRE-SEASON ROUNDUP

View attachment 247386

Overall, delighted with pre-season. Brought in a few players and it was important to get them integrated into the squad, as well as experiment with the squad tactically. Defensively, we are looking great, and Pilks in goal has looked unbeatable at times.

I feel we could have sneaked a result from the game we lost, but pre-season is really about getting the lads match fit.

TRANSFER ROUND-UP

View attachment 247387

Signed Irikpen and Carlo Monti to bolster my back line, and Quinton Fortune is a player who can play a variety of positions. The same applies to David Fernandez, who can play up front or in midfield.

I'm unlikely to make any further transfers this season unless I am hit with an injury crisis.

Back