Magpies name Kinnear interim boss

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 893

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Joe Kinnear takes temporary charge of Newcastle in a shock new twist at St James' Park.

More...

Joe Kinnears still alive :O

Newcastle love their 90s managers

Has rioting broke out on the streets of Newcastle yet lee?

lol really don't think anyone seen this coming. your right though Greg he seems to like the 90's era gaffers.

wont be surprised if there is pandemonium

what a terrible appointment, i know its only short term while ashley tries to sell the club but why not just leave houghton to it , was funny reading the 606 message boards about it, people from all over the world just laughing at newcastle

its nice:)

Meh, although the name is a shock i never saw a bigger name manager signing on a month contract, Kinear has revealed Ashley says he is going to sell within the next months, half decent appointment for Newcastle and good appointment for Kinear, a way back into the game.

I agree with Redders, wasn't really expecting any big name to come in when he was only guaranteed a job for a month. He said Ashley is hoping to have sold the club by early to mid October, and the new owners want Keegan and Shearer in charge. Not so sure how this would all work out but time will tell I guess.

I hope you get Keegan back just so you can realise he isnt actually that good of a manager.

I don't think he's that good a manager tbh, just he's the only person who loves the club enough and he can motivate players, which is what the are in serious need of. The only other person I can think of that is like that is Shearer, but obviously he is nowhere near experienced enough to be manager, that's why I'd like an experienced manager (Keegan or not) to come in with Shearer working under him and learn from him. Then Shearer can take over whenever the older manager leaves (sacked or otherwise) and then hopefully we'll get some much needed stability back.

P.S. I'm half expecting someone to say about Newcastle fans being delusional and expect Mourinho or Ferguson or the likes to be manager. But before someone does, I'd just like to say the fans you speak of are in the minority, but it's them that get the TV exposure and show us to be something we're not. I, like most Newcastle fans, don't think we're a huge massive club who deserve to be challenging for honours. All I think is that we have the potential to be a big club, and all I want is players, a manager and a board who are passionate about the club and want us to move forward. I don't want a quick fix and a loada cash to blow away, I mean look at Leeds. No fan wants that to happen to us.

Right rant over :P

I meant Newcastle fan. And why can't we just have a serious conversation on here anymore without someone slagging someone off or having pot shots at things ffs.

P.S. The above doesn't apply when talking to an argumentative Ad btw :P

They are being honest.

I would genuinly like to see Newcastle do bad

They are being honest.

I would genuinly like to see Newcastle do bad

I don't i hope they can bounce back and good luck to Joe. I really think Glen Hoddle would do a good job

Lol, Joe Kinnear. Guess an appointment like that will bring stability for a bit, though how long as he been out of management?

Houghton is the worst caretaker manager ever

4 Years out of management I think i read. Given loves him i heard.

Is Wise still at Newc? Why hasnt he taken over?

thats a good point why cant he just be the caretaker?

Don't think the little ***** would dare be caretaker manager tbh. He won't want to be that close to the fans on match days.

Yeah that will be the only reason, Newcastle fans hate Wise and the midget would be destroyed by the fat, balding, tattooed geordie 'fans'.

Back