Make a striker/winger wait in offside position

empedocles

Reaction score
How can I make it?

Examples of what i want to simulate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KDlSb8Qjp8
Go to 3:20.
Ronaldo is able to make use of his offside position to isolate himself.
The great movement from Ozil was essential. Having a super fast wide target man with "likes to try to beat offside trap" would simulate his role. (?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Qw5uHTzJc
Once again having a player wait in a offside position was benificitial by decieving Spain's defence he would recieve the ball ending the play there.

Another example:
Wait-and-see-technique extreme on Vimeo

So, what should be the role, prefered moves, attributes of the player and how can i optimise this technique?
Is it even possible to do consistently?

Last edited:
I don't believe this is possible to do consistently. I'd be very interested if someone actually managed to do this.

If it was to be in FM, i'd say it'd be a PPM since 9 times out of 10, you don't instruct a player to legally play offside: It's a thought / idea he comes up with himself.

Hypothetically: Attributes would be Positioning, Decision making, Off the ball and Creativity.

It would take an extraordinarily amount of processing power to get the game to make a player to "think" to this degree while in an offside position. Can't see it happening personally.

maybe the new Raumdeuter role can simulate something like that in FM15

The only TI you need is exploit that flank. It will make your winger position himself higher and wider on the pitch, quite possibly in offside trap position, but it will also make him more isolated that way. It will create a gap on that side that opponents can exploit. If he isn't instructed to cut inside, and you play wider, you would benefit from a striker with good heading, as the winger will just cross the ball from out wide. If you want him to cut inside, I would recommend a narrower width, and then you don't need a striker with good heading, and you can perhaps use a number ten instead.

Last edited: