Making Canadian National Team Playable - Save game

• Thread starter Thread starter truro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3K

truro

Reaction score
So I've started a game and am 4 or 5 seasons in, great fun with the club but wanting to get involved in the national scene I naturally turned to my own country, Canada - only to find that in my save game while Jamaica and a few smaller countries are playable, it is not.

I did activate the MLS to start with and though that would have allowed me to play them. Now I know I should have done a custom database.

Question is, is there any way without starting my whole game from scratch to activate a national team like this in game, by adding match detail or anything like that.

Am pretty sure I am SOL but thought this is the spot with all the guys who would know, just to be certain.

Right now I have MLS running but not playable, maybe if I switch that up as a last resort it might work but I will need to play another 6 months to the activation date to find out.

Thanks anybody who responds!

the only thing you can do is make the mls playable and hope that works. and even then that might not work. from that point you'd pretty much have to create a new save game unless you managed one of the canadian mls teams and kept signing greyed out canadian players until there were enough in the game database but as there is only a limited number of spots on the mls roster and the fact they will all be stupidly bad and wouldn't be signed by anyone if they were made free agents i wouldn't bother. plus it would ruin there salary cap to sign and release the players due to the garunteed contract of the mls.

Gotcha - so the trigger to allow a national team to be manageable is basically having enough Canadian players (or whatever nt) in the game?

Wonder if I could basically use an editor like fmrte and just add a bunch of canadians to lower league youth teams in england and activate it that way then.

you'd have to change players nanioality because the problem is that they aren't in the game at the moment. in future when starting a new game, if you know you are going to want to manage a certain national team or think you might then you should load up the players from that nation to make sure there are enough in the game. (obviously you don't need to do this for the biggest nations like england, spain, germany, brazil, e.t.c.)

Back