Making Everton No.1...

Bullardinho

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just entered pre-season of my 3rd year with Everton and I feel I have reached a make or break point. These are my seasonal results so far:

1st Season: Budget £2.4mil
League - 4th
FA Cup - 4th round
Capital One Cup - 4th round

2nd Season: Budget £7mil
League - 6th
Champions League - Final - lost 5-1 to Man Utd (Had a pretty easy run until a 4-3 agg win against Barca in the Semis.. I know.. I dont know how either!!)
FA Cup - 3rd Round
Capital One Cup - 6th round

Squad to date:

GK: Howard (looking to replace and back up Ospina just isnt good enough)
RB: Coleman (possible weak leak all though had a fantastic 2nd season)
CB: Jagielka (Cptn) (need a good english youngster for cover and future replacement)
CB: Mazuch/ Savic
LB: Baines
RW: Miralles (need cover, possibly buying a better option and have him as rotation)
CM: Hiljemark/ Pienaar (needs replacing)
CM: Fellaini/ Goretzka
CM: Barkley/ Osman (contract due to run out and needs replacing)
LW: Nem/Ljajic
ST: Jelavic/Hoarau (signed on a free, 1yr deal, will be releasing and need a replacement. I do have Mason Bennett coming back from a fantastic season with Boro on loan)

I have £30mil as a transfer budget this season thanks to our Amazing CL run but I dont want to spend all of this as we are still in alot of debt, we only have Europa league football this year and I want to keep the books under control.

Any ideas for signings? Any changes people recommend? What would you do to make sure you become a consistent top 4 and get back to CL?

Any suggestions would be great and thanks for reading!

Hi All,

I have just entered pre-season of my 3rd year with Everton and I feel I have reached a make or break point. These are my seasonal results so far:

1st Season: Budget £2.4mil
League - 4th
FA Cup - 4th round
Capital One Cup - 4th round

2nd Season: Budget £7mil
League - 6th
Champions League - Final - lost 5-1 to Man Utd (Had a pretty easy run until a 4-3 agg win against Barca in the Semis.. I know.. I dont know how either!!)
FA Cup - 3rd Round
Capital One Cup - 6th round

Squad to date:

GK: Howard (looking to replace and back up Ospina just isnt good enough)
RB: Coleman (possible weak leak all though had a fantastic 2nd season)
CB: Jagielka (Cptn) (need a good english youngster for cover and future replacement)
CB: Mazuch/ Savic
LB: Baines
RW: Miralles (need cover, possibly buying a better option and have him as rotation)
CM: Hiljemark/ Pienaar (needs replacing)
CM: Fellaini/ Goretzka
CM: Barkley/ Osman (contract due to run out and needs replacing)
LW: Nem/Ljajic
ST: Jelavic/Hoarau (signed on a free, 1yr deal, will be releasing and need a replacement. I do have Mason Bennett coming back from a fantastic season with Boro on loan)

I have £30mil as a transfer budget this season thanks to our Amazing CL run but I dont want to spend all of this as we are still in alot of debt, we only have Europa league football this year and I want to keep the books under control.

Any ideas for signings? Any changes people recommend? What would you do to make sure you become a consistent top 4 and get back to CL?

Any suggestions would be great and thanks for reading!

As CM look at Albin Ekdal or Michael Bradley. Immense players and should be in their prime in your current system.

RW - look at a young regen or transfer list. Always good wingers on the transfer list, someone like Callejon?

ST - Carroll may be available as a good cheap option in a similar mould

As CM look at Albin Ekdal or Michael Bradley. Immense players and should be in their prime in your current system.

RW - look at a young regen or transfer list. Always good wingers on the transfer list, someone like Callejon?

ST - Carroll may be available as a good cheap option in a similar mould

Thanks for the suggestions, I have managed to sign Honda on a free so that has given me a really strong CM now, and even though I have shown no interest, the media have said we are the favourites to sign Gondungan.. I am tempted.

I really need a new GK, Courtois is available and wants to join me but they want 18.5. I want a long term replacement for Howard?

Thanks for the suggestions, I have managed to sign Honda on a free so that has given me a really strong CM now, and even though I have shown no interest, the media have said we are the favourites to sign Gondungan.. I am tempted.

I really need a new GK, Courtois is available and wants to join me but they want 18.5. I want a long term replacement for Howard?

ter stegen may have his £15m buy out clause still in his contract

Unfortunately not.. I think I might just go for Courtois. Butland is an option but Im yet to see a screenshot that convinces me he will be 4star or better.

try adding bertolacci or yttergard jennsen, maybe even ramsey to midfield, they really do good and are also defensively very capable.
for a striker i'd recommend destro!
for rm, if u can u should sign ben arfa, probably the best there is. also try looking at oxlade chamberlain, u might get him cheap at some point. youngster for future replacement of jagielka...hmm go for kurt zouma

Back