Telstar

Reaction score
I'm in year 2019, so I'll try to catch you up.

Making It Spanish

Andres Oper replaces Rafael Benitez as Real Madrid coach

View attachment 181978

Andres Oper was named as the new coach of Real Madrid by club president Florentino Perez

Rafael Benitez has been sacked as manager of Real Madrid after just 28 days in charge, with an Estonian football team legendary striker Andres Oper replacing him.

Spaniard Benitez, 55, was relieved of his duties following a meeting of the club's board on Wednesday.

Unemployed coach Oper, 37, has been made first-team boss, but the length of his contract has not been made public.

The most successful Estonian national team striker said: "I am going to put my heart and soul into this job so that everything works out well."

Benitez didn't even get to manage a game with Real Madrid before getting sacked.

Oper, whose first game in charge will be on Sunday against Athletic Bilbao at the San Mamés, is the 11th coach to be appointed in Florentino Perez's 12 years as club president.

'Emotional day'

Oper thanked Perez for giving him the opportunity to train the "best club in the world".

The Estonian added: "I want to do my very best to ensure that this club at the end of the season will have a trophy."

"It is an important day for me, it is my very first role in management. I will be working hard with all the players and staff here and hopefully it will go well. I will put all the heart I have into this job for the club. Thank you very much."

'His managerial experience is zero'

"I wish Oper all the best but it will be difficult. If he is not successful, Zinedine Zidane will be on the bench in November, I am sure."

"Oper was a decent player, but his managerial experience is zero," Toshack told BBC Radio Wales.

"It is a last throw of the dice for Perez. He likes players from small nations and always has. If this one doesn't work, there will be changes at the top."

New politics at Real Madrid

Sources at Real Madrid say that Perez is "trying to right his wrongs" by bringing in a manger for the long term.

Oper is under strict orders to win the league and Champions League.

Oper brings his philosophies to Real Madrid. Oper is big fan of home-grown talent and will try to go "all spanish" at RM.

Transfer news

View attachment 1018579

Andres Oper brings in former Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata for 30 million euros.

Oper is said to be furious with Perez for having DoF Guus Hiddink bring in non-spanish talent.

Hiddink brought in full back Jonas Hector for 16.75M € and Mateo Musacchio in the winter for 28.5M euros.

Oper sold Alvaro Arbeloa for 2.3M € and said "I'm lucky to get that much for him. Truthfully, he was already too ald to compete here and there will be youngsters to claim his position."

Season 1

View attachment 181976

Real Madrid won Liga BBVA, were runners up in Champions league.

Oper's position at Real Madrid seems to be stable as Perez tries to stay true to his promise.

Season 2

Transfers in
View attachment 181975
Spaniards are marked

Oper has threatened to quit his post at Real Madrid if Perez won't stop messing with transfers.

Oper has brought in his own share of players: Teixeira (who he labelled to be the next Cristiano Ronaldo), Ros, Bodera, Silva, Rodrigo and Fernandez.
By these transfer he seems to be securing RM's future players as most of his signings were 16 and 17 years old

Transfers out
View attachment 181974

Oper said oce again "It's hard to 'make it spanish' if Perez keeps messing around and selling my spaniards".

Oper himself sold Benzema for 100M € - a transfer of which he is very proud of.

Honours

Supercopa de Espana

Liga BBVA

Copa del Rey

Champions League

08/06/17

Florentino Perez loses elections and former footballer Emilio Butragueno takes over.
Oper is said to be overjoyed by this decision and hopes Emilio won't stand in the way of his dreams to make Real Madrid a true spanish club.

Season 3 (17/18)

Transfers in & out
View attachment 181972

Oper said "I'm dissappointed in Butragueno. It all started well until he bought kun Agüero for 270M €. Just thinking about it makes me sad."

Oper has also caused a lot of controversy by signing Barcelona player Munir on a free and selling Toni Kroos and fan-favourite Luka Modric.

Honours

UEFA Super Cup

Supercopa de Espana

FIFA Club World Cup

Copa del Rey

Oper's position at Real Madrid could be in danger after he failed to wind Liga BBVA and Champions League.

Season 4 (18/19)

Transfers
View attachment 181968

Real Madrid fans have been appreaciative of Oper for trying to make los Merengues spanish, but selling van Ginkel, who was in superb form, was too much for them as they demanded Andres Oper to resign.

Honours

Supercopa de Espana

Liga BBVA

Copa del Rey

Champions League

Start of season 5 (19/20)

Transfers
View attachment 181967

First Team
View attachment 181966

I like to work with a small team. Yes, I have had problems with injuries and no, it won't make me change my mind to have a large first squad. I have currently 15 spaniards and 4 non-spanish players. Dionisi and James will stay, but Varane will most likely leave at the end of the season. For Jin-Ho, I haven't decided yet.

I will also sell Munir and Jese at the end of the season as their duties have been done for this club and there are players hungry to take their spot. I won'tbe selling Javi Martinez as I think he is showing signs that he wants to retire.

I'm playing a simple 4-4-2, a tactic I was made to love by former Estonian NT manager Tarmo Rüütli. I find it offers a position to everyone. It's universal.

Regen players

Alvaro Mancisidor
View attachment 181965

Kim Jin-Ho
View attachment 181964

Isidro Tapia
View attachment 181963

Joaquin
View attachment 181962

Daniel Dionisi
View attachment 181960

Domingo Ros
View attachment 181961

Currently I have won Supercopa de Espana and UEFA Super Cup. I league I'm first with Betis 6 points behind me. Barca is 6th and Atletico is 12th. Of course it's still early into the season (6 games played, date is 06/10/19) so everything could still change.

Interesting concept! Best of luck with it.

Winning a lot but a 210 million loss on aguero has to be hard to swallow, will follow this

Major disaster for Real Madrid

The injuries

Real Madrid is a disaster waiting to happen as the latest injury in Oper's squad is about 8 months long.

To make it even worse, the injured player is Isco, who has been the most important player in Oper's squad for the last two seasons.

View attachment 181703

At this time players who are injured at RM are Jesus Vallejo (for 12 days), Javi Martinez (for 2 weeks), Munir (for 5 days) and Isco (for 8 months).

There are currrently only 17 injury-free players in the first team. Andres Oper's love for small first teams might also be his disadvantage.

Possible replacements

Oper might be looking to bring in Thiago on 22.5M € deal from Bayern München or 32 year old Pedro from Chelsea on 5M € deal.

View attachment 181702

Sources inside Real have also told that Oper is thinking of recalling Roberto Gutierrez or Marcos Llorente from their loans.

I've recalled Roberto to replace Isco. As I had isco play on the right wing, I'm going to move Jese there and Roberto plays in the midfield. Mayoral will take over Jese's position as a striker.

vs. UD Las Palmas
Isidro Tapia sent off the field after two terrible tackles. We were a man down.

We were in a tight spot till Vallejo scored a goal. James puts a cross into the penalty box (corner kick), Morata passes the ball with his head to Vallejo, who scores a header.

View attachment 181682

vs. Kobenhavn
Asensio gave a wonderful through ball to Mayoral, who just had to tap it in.

Asensio wins the ball after corner kick goes wrong and passes it to Kim Jin-Ho, who was waiting at the penalty spot. Jin-Ho blasts the ball to the top corner of the goal.

And Asensio again with the thorugh ball, but this time it is Morata who finishes it.

Munir plays one-two with Morata allowing him to go one-on-on with the keeper and he puts it past Jesper Duelund.

That's three assists for Asensio.

View attachment 181685

vs. Cordoba
Sebas tackled Vallejo, who then lost the ball giving Sebas an opportunity to score, which he did.

View attachment 181691

vs. Granada
We went to play Granada with a view to win, which we did.

Dionisi crosses the ball to Morata's feet, who puts the ball into the goal just under Adrian Naess (GK).

Adrian Naess was choses as MotM for his wonderful saves.

View attachment 181674

Player of the Month
Dani Carvajal for his excellent defending.

View attachment 181673

Average Rating - 8.0
Assists - 1