Making Merseyside Blue! - An Everton FC Story

FramedAdam

Reaction score
MAKING MERSEYSIDE BLUE! - AN EVERTON FC STORY

View attachment 289452

BREAKING NEWS: MOYES QUITS EVERTON!

In a surprising turn of events, David Moyes has resigned as manager of Everton FC. After years of trying to break into the top 4 of the Premier League, it seems as though the Scotsman has given up trying, and left the club without a manager. Speculation on who the next manager will be is already heating up, with many Everton fans wanting to see Assistant Manager Steve Round take over the managerial duties.

View attachment 289459

BREAKING NEWS: SEEKINGS TAKES OVER AS EVERTON MANAGER

Days of speculation have finally ended as Everton FC have hired Adam Seekings, an unknown manager from Yorkshire, to take over as the clubs new manager. Many Everton fans are angry with the decision that Kenwright has made, saying that a manager with more experience should have been hired. Sky Sports News have this exclusive interview with the new Everton boss.

Sky Sports News: Mr Seekings, you sit here today as the new manager of Everton FC. Is this your dream job?

Adam Seekings: I am pleased that the Everton board have given me this opportunity, especially with me having so little experience in football management. But I'm going to do my best, and show the club that they made the right decision.

SSN: How do you feel you will compare to Everton's former manager, David Moyes?

AS: David was an amazing manager for the club, and stayed with them through their darkest times. But that was in the past. I can't focus on what Moyes would have done had he still been manager. I have to trust my own judgement and make my own decisions.

SSN: Everton's previous managers have been noticed for their tactical approach. How do you plan on dealing with the tactical side of the game?

AS: As a team, we have to make sure we have a balanced approach to every game we play. It would be pointless having an amazing strike-force if we can't keep our defensive line in shape.

SSN: Everton were predicted to qualify for Europe last season. Failure to do this left some fans very disappointed. Do you see this being their year?

AS: It will definitely be a difficult task this year, as there are a lot of clubs who are aiming for Europe. But with a lot of hard work and results going in our favour, I can't see why we can't qualify.

SSN: Speculation has been running wild that Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines are being chased by some big name teams. Do you think you can keep these players at the club?

AS: Ideally, I would like to keep both players at the club, as they are key players for the team. But when big-name clubs come calling, it might become difficult for us to convince them to stay.

Hey guys, this is my first attempt at writing a story on this forum. Feedback would be appreciated.

Keep going mate, like to see where your season starts ect :)

I've got my own Everton story going at the moment so I'll be following this one to see how you do :) Good luck!

View attachment 289537

Transfer Targets

My main priority in the transfer market is to keep hold of our key players. I am expecting to get several offers for the likes of Fellaini , Baines and Heitinga, and will try and keep them at the club.

I plan on bringing in a couple of youth prospects, as I only have a budget of £4.5M. I am looking to bring in Adryan and Wellington Nem to bring a little depth to the squad.

Pre Season Fixtures and Results

Everton 3-0 Everton Reserves

Very good result for the team, even if it was against the reserves. Steven Pienaar scored the first and second goals of the match in the opening 30 mins, with Steven Naismith scoring the third just before full-time.

Man of the Match: Steven Pienaar (Everton)

Forest Green 0 - 2 Everton

Another pre-season victory for the lads. A dominant performance from the whole team. An own goal from Al Bangura set the tone for the match, with Vellios putting the 'nail in the coffin' just after half time.

Man of the Match: Apostolos Vellios (Everton)

Jablonec 1-0 Everton

Our first loss in pre-season comes against Jablonec. Played a strong side against them, but just wasn't enough. Lukas Steiner scored for the Czech club in the 70th minute to seal the victory.

Man on the Match: Michael Clement (Jablonec)
*Transfer Update*
Wellington Nem signs for Everton for £3.5m

Adryan set to sign for Everton for £825k - 10th August

Hartlepool 0 - 4 Everton

The team bounce back from the defeat to Jablonec with a 4-0 victory over Hartlepool. Goals from Vellios, Baines, Osman and Anichebe was too much for the home team to come back from.

Man of the Match: Steven Pienaar (Everton)

Preston 1-1 Everton

Another disappointing result for the team. An early goal from Preston's Joel Byrom looked to have given the home side the win, but one of our youth prospects, Anton Forrester, scored in the 82nd minute to get a draw.

Man of the Match: Chris Robertson (Preston)

Everton 2-0 Olympiakos

Another impressive win for the lads. Magaye Gueye scored just before half time to put us 1-0 up, with Victor Anichebe scoring his second in pre-season to seal a comfortable victory. Ross Barkley gave a pretty good performance in his first match this season.

Man of the Match: Magaye Gueye (Everton)

Everton(CHI) 1-0 Everton

Another surprising defeat in our final pre-season game. I chose to play a second string team, and give the youth a chance, against our Chilean namesake. A goal from Alan Smith gave the hosts the win.

Man of the Match: Exequiel Cacares (Everton (CHI))

Thoughts on pre-season

I am really impressed with some of the results we got in pre-season, especially the 2-0 victory over Olympiakos. Some really promising performances from both senior and youth players.

Last edited:
To anyone following this story, I have some bad news. My laptop died on me last week and has been sent off to try and be fixed, so I will have lost EVERYTHING. Once my laptop comes back, I may have to start a brand new story or continue this one, changing certain things ie results and transfers. I've had to write this through my xbox which takes forever :(