Making my own Luck.

• Thread starter Thread starter Treaders
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 752

Treaders

Reaction score
I sat in hospital on my 22nd birthday, i should be out with my mates having a couple of drinks before we get ready for the playoff final, i was on a high, nuneaton boro on the way to the confrence premier after a great cup run. i was being tipped for some of the midlands top clubs, but then in a flash of a eye it was all gone. broken leg and bang the end of my career.
I spent 18 months getting better and also began to sort my coaching badges, i new management was for me, i had the mouth that could get me sorted, i walked out in july 2011 fully qualified and ready to go, at age 25 i was looking for a big break.

It was soon october and nothing had happened for me, i new i had 2 be patient. so after i gymed and had some food i sat down to watch some sky sports news when it was there, Northampton had sacked there manager after a poor start to the season which left them in 21st place in league 2 after 11 games, before i could get to the fone it began to ring, it was my agent, he'd always been 2 quick for me, and he told me id have a interview to discuss a contract as they were impressed with my entusiasm,

View attachment 221882

I signed a contract the next morning until july 2013, i walked in to see a very small squad. i moved quickly to sign former chelsea centre midfielder michael woods, But i had my first league game in management on the way!
  • Northampton 2-0 Shrewsbury ( Davies, Spann)

We began with a wonderful home victory against shrewsbury, we started like a rocke and aaron davies scored after 3 minutes, we began the second in the same manor and silvio spann scored just before the hour to give us 3 points.

I began to fit in well, the lads looked to have gained a bit of confidence, but i knew it was gonna be tough to get us outta this slump.
  • Northampton 0-1 Morecombe
This was a game that we deserved to lose, a in-form morecombe side ran out comfortable winners with a goal from johnny Gorman just after the half time break.
  • Oxford 3-0 Northampton
Another struggle against a promotion chaser, james constible did the damage with 2 goals which left us 3 down at the break, and we just couldnt fight back.

Just after that game i announced the signings of sone aluko and ***** Aubameyang on free transfers.
  • Northampton 0-3 Swindon
we went into the dogfight needing a better performance, Again i can see were struggling for confidence, after a good start swindon dominated and we deservidly got a hammering, our defence is looking weak but after agreeing a afiliation with everton i should be bringing in shane duffy on loan.

• Northampton 1-1 Cheltenham
After looking at previous games i decided to go 5 at the back, it paid off and we played alot better, we went ahead through shane duffy on debut, but were pegged back through daryl duffy on the hour,

So its been a tough first month but i believe we can get on a good run now,

Don't want to interrupt your story but your attachments don't work.

Back