Malaga CF - Los Boquerones Rising

EternalStan

Reaction score

View attachment 248416

Malaga CF - Los Boquerones Rising

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pellegrini Sacked, Wadolowski takes charge of Malaga CF -

Following an argument between Manuel Pellegrini and owner Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nassar Pellegrini was sacked as Manager of Malaga CF while S. Wadolowski has been named his successor. Wadolowski has revealed his determination to build a solid European club out of "Los Boquerones". The club based in southern Spain was nearly relegated last season, but with some ambitious sponsors from Qatar, it will definitely look to challenge Europe in the next few seasons.

View attachment 248439

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July/August 2012

Pre Season -

The generous board gave me a solid transfer budget, with which I signed a few youngsters in my first two weeks at the club including Crotian duo Milan Badelj and Sime Vrsaljko. I sold "The Beast" for £8.25mln to Chelsea and replaced him with Willian from Shaktar for £10mln, who I hope will provide a massive impact, while Salomon Rondon joined Barcelona for a fee of £10mln on the final day of August.

In:

View attachment 248432

Alberto Paloschi -
£2.9mln (Chievo)
Kara - £1.1mln (Tromso)
Sime Vrsaljko -
£1mln (Dinamo Zagrzeb)
Milan Badelj - £4.3mln (Dinamo Zagrzeb)
Steve Mandanda - £11mln (Marsielle)
Willian -
£10mln (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Out:

View attachment 248433

Juanmi -
£3.5mln (Man City)
Kris Stadsgaard - £1.6mln (Genoa)
Salomon Rondon -
£10mln (Barcelona)
Julio Baptista - £8.25mln (Chelsea)
Javier Malagueno - Loan
£20k (FC Nantes)
Eliseu - Loan £900k
(Valencia)

Friendlies:

Malaga 3 - 0 Juventus

Malaga 2 - 1 Blackburn

Malaga 1 - 3 Man Utd

Malaga 7 - 1 Jaen

Malaga 3 - 3 Cordoba

Malaga 2 - 1 Gimnastic

Malaga XI 2011/12:

View attachment 248438

Any f
eedback would be appreciated :D

Last edited:
August 2011 Update

August 2011

We had a flying start to the La Liga, wining both games scoring 7 goals and conceding none. I was delighted to see my new signing's Willian and Paloschi score on the opening day, the second scoring after 3 minutes on his debut with a great effort from long-range! Van Nistelrooy gave us the lead in the 4th minute of the game with Athletic, who won 6 - 1 with Granda the week before. We were lucky not to concede at the start of the second half, before Athletic gave away 3 penalties that Van Nistelrooy all converted neatly to tally up 4 goals on his debut.

Betis 0 - 3 Malaga

Willian
Toulalan
Paloschi

View attachment 248442

Malaga 4 - 0 Athletic

Van Nistelrooy 4

View attachment 248443

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month: Kara

View attachment 248444

One of the reasons we kept two clean sheets in two La Liga games this month, Kara was almost flawless at the back and was unlucky not to grab a goal against Athletic when his header hit the crossbar.

Last edited:
September 2011

September 2011

After a disappointing 0 - 3 loss to Sporting at El Molinon, we defeated Getafe at home after a very frustraing game. Kara got a headered goal following countless missed chances from our side, in a game in which we had 25 shots while the opposition 2. Willian was in superb form against Racing, banging in 3 goals and completly ripping apart their defence. In our last game of the month, we drew 2 - 2 with Mallorca, despite them playing with 10 men for an hour. At the end of the month we are sitting in 4th place three points ahead of our closest rivals.

Sporting 3 - 0 Malaga

View attachment 248484

Malaga 1 - 0 Getafe

Kara

View attachment 248485

Racing 0 - 3 Malaga

Willian 3

View attachment 248486

Malaga 2 - 2 Mallorca

Willian
Apono

View attachment 248487

La Liga table at the end of September

View attachment 248491

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month: Willian

View attachment 248488

Willian was one of my few consistent players this month always being dangerous and bagging 4 goals in 4 games, he also put in a fenomenal peformance against Racing.

Last edited:
October 2011

October 2011

October was a fuzzy month, with some great results reflected by a few poor performances. Though we struck 5 against Zaragoza our defence concerned me, never looking solid and conceding two against an easy opponent. Paloschi saved us a point at La Rosadela scoring the equaliser in the 4th minute of added time with Espanol. Next we were facing Atletico, our nearest rivals in the La Liga who were 2 points ahead of us. Santi Cazorla got the goal that gave us a vital win in an even match. I was delighted to see us not concede with a team that posed such a threat in attack. In our first Copa del Rey fixture of the season we faced Mallorca, who we easily beat 4 - 0 with most of the first team player's resting. Last we faced Sevilla, who's winger's ran over our defence, Navas and Perotti providing Alvaro Negredo with easy tap-in's and a 3 - 2 result for them.

Zaragoza 2 - 5 Malaga

Willian 3
Van Nistelrooy 2

View attachment 248613
Malaga 1 - 1 Espanol

Paloschi

View attachment 248614

Atletico Madrid 0 - 1 Malaga

Cazorla

View attachment 248615

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey 4th Round Leg 1

Malaga 4 - 0 Mallorca

Duda
Demichelis
Toulalan
Willian

View attachment 248616

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sevilla 2 - 3 Malaga

Joaquin
Paloschi

View attachment 248617

La Liga table at the end of October

View attachment 248628

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month - Joaquin

View attachment 248619

Though Willian was in fact the better performer, Joaquin deserves the Player of the Month award because he finally found his form, and in style. He was a threat in almost every game and grabbed a fantastic goal against Sevilla with a chip over the keeper from outside the box.​

Last edited:
Back