Man City 2022 Tactic?

b1034

Reaction score
  • Tactic inspired by 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 Man City Tactics. The point is to retain the ball as long as possible and break down teams through the middle. The midfielders get up into the box and the Inverted Wingers retain the width. I have one IW on attack and one on support. The one on support drops deeper than the Mezzala, making a 4-4-2 while pressing and a 4-3-3 in possession until the Mezzala makes a run from deep. This shape will generally make a front 5 with the LB---IW (A)--DLF--Mezzala--IW (Su) forming the front 5.
  • What to expect? --Dominate possession and press to get ball and then retain ball.
  • Defend corners without fullbacks on posts, I put them on Zonal mark 6 yard box. I don't change anything for defending other than that. For attacking corners, I have 5 attacking the box, with one attacking near post, one attacking far post, one marking keeper, and one each at far and near posts.
  • Opposition Instructions (OIs)--for this, I
  • Player Instructions (PIs) - the left back-FB (Su), is on stay narrow-both IWs are on stay wider. The IWs stay wide in build up and generally crash the box for crosses/through balls. CM (Su) can also be on Get Further Forward if you need more attacking thrust from midfield. Other than that, PIs can be match-dependent,
  • Recommended players-I think anyone with high work rate and stamina is good for this. I use Belenenses in Portugal (original Belenenses, start in the 4th tier) and I use players that aren't very well suited for the tactic and it is still mostly fine. Good positioning and technical skills are also useful to keep the ball, as well as decision making.
  • Any specific training--I train tactically as much as possible, as there are a lot of instructions for the players to learn. I also will start training technically when staff allows me to.
  • Footedness of player per position, right footed IW on the right, and left footed IW on the left. Everyone else can be whatever you want!
  • Top scoring position-Mezzala is usually up there, along with the DLF. The IWs will chip in some tap in goals too.
  • Is it in English? Yes

Attachments

• Man City 2022 Tactics.fmf
    43.6 KB · Views: 331