• Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Gael Clichy believes Manchester City are serious contenders to win the Premier League this season.

More...

I'm not sure why this deserved an article. Of course they are contenders and of course someone who just changed to the club from another contender thinks that.

Once they sign Aguero, they will be, as I think Tevez has his heart set on leaving. Anyone would be contenders with unlimited cash to spend.

I really wish players would just shut up sometimes.

You are correct Mr Clichy, in my opinion you have moved up one place in terms of chances of winning things. Not much but it helps obiously.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

I really wish players would just shut up sometimes.

I dunno i like it, Cech and Brana came out today and said we will do everything we can to get the PremierLeague title back and the fans wanna hear things like that. I'd be more worried if Clichy came out and said yer we have little chance.

My point being that neither are winners.

City done something last season which needed to be done and that was win a trophy, they have that winning feeling now and will be much better as a side and much more focussed without a doubt. Personly i think they are much more of a threat than Arsenal now.

There's no doubt that they're more of a threat than Arsenal, but I don't believe they have the consistency to beat either us or Chelsea to the league (yet). Selling Tevez won't help either, there's no gurantee that they'll get Aguero and that's assuming he'll live up to the standards he's set in La Liga. Dzeko and Balotelli need to make more of an impact too, and I still think City need a quality defender to partner Kompany.

When Kolo Toure comes back from his ban he will be a good player to back up Kompany. I don't understand why they didn't give Boateng more of a chance because I really think he could have stepped up like Kompany has.

Definitely a slow news day, they came 3rd last year, of course they're contenders.

Confused as to how BBC would even post this.

think they will be third or fourth need to be more consistent in results and selection.

When Kolo Toure comes back from his ban he will be a good player to back up Kompany. I don't understand why they didn't give Boateng more of a chance because I really think he could have stepped up like Kompany has.

Kolo isn't bad but you look at Chelsea with Alex, Terry & Luiz and United with Rio + Vidic & a couple of young defenders with alot of potential; and City just don't compare no matter how good Kompany is. Boateng could've been great but he was never really given a chance and now he's off to Bayern (cracking deal for them btw). If I was Mancini I'd sign someone like Hummels, or Gary Cahill if they want someone with PL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back