Man City close to Boateng signing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 768

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Roberto Mancini confirms that Manchester City are close to signing Germany defender Jerome Boateng from Hamburg for £11m.

More...

I'm betting on him being our only signing this summer... XD

Id be very pleased with this signing, hes a really good player imo and had been solid for hamburg throughout the europa league, hope he signs

Window hasn't even opened yet! Buying loads dosen't win you anything, take this year as an example. But, he is a decent player, 11 million is over-priced i'm afraid/

Good signing, I'd go if I was him. Looks like City's spending spree has started already, and the season has only just finished. We've got 2-3 months of this to endure. :|

Hopefully they'll go into debt and have money squeezed out of them, then finish 7th in the league and not win anything. Sound familiar?

Window hasn't even opened yet! Buying loads dosen't win you anything, take this year as an example. But, he is a decent player, 11 million is over-priced i'm afraid/
overpriced, this word means nothing to the people who wipe their *** with 100 pound notes, and own many properties in Dubai, one of the richest cities in the world ;)

Another Boateng heading to the EPL?

Too many Davis', and now there'll be too many Boatengs.

They need to strengthen that Centre Back position, get rid of that waste of money Lescott.
Along with ... Caicedo, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Petrov. They are all deadwood, need to leave

Thank god he is signing defenders.

And yes guys, your going to have a lot of threads to post stick about City on once we make the signings. <)

I hope we don't play Bridge or Zabaleta next season, I get the nerves everytime they get the ball. :(

Thank god he is signing defenders.

And yes guys, your going to have a lot of threads to post stick about City on once we make the signings. <)

I hope we don't play Bridge or Zabaleta next season, I get the nerves everytime they get the ball. :(
Imo, zab is one of our best defenders, good passer, good tackler, and good technique

Imo, zab is one of our best defenders, good passer, good tackler, and good technique

Yeah, he just really annoys me :( Not sure why.

This looks to be a really good signing though, lets hope he is worth the price tag.

Real shame that Richards and Onouha, who have been at City for like, half their lives aren't allowed to play, i'd rather have them two, Toure and maybe this new signing as a defensive unit rather than Zabaleta, Sylvinho, Bridge or Lescott. ;)

overpriced, this word means nothing to the people who wipe their *** with 100 pound notes, and own many properties in Dubai, one of the richest cities in the world ;)
thats a very short term view considering uefas implementation of its finanical fair play rules

seen him a few times he seems like he could be a decent player, wonder if his brother will join him at city haha i dout it!!

Back