• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Udinese owner Gianpaolo Pozzo claims Manchester City are in pole position to sign Chile international Alexis Sanchez this summer.

More...

good that means they will be laying their mitts of Neymar and Aguero

Glad that it doesn't look like he's going to Barca, he would just be a bench warmer there.

Well then that's Adam Johnson an even bigger bench warmer then, if it goes through of course (Pozzo says 50% he stays, 50% he goes to city). Will that put Balotelli on the bench?

****, forgot about Johnson, he's my favourite player to watch in the world! Bring him to Wigan!!

Adam Johnson is amazing, and he has alot of skill, can't really believe how hes staying there.. Would love to see him in a Liverpool top :D

Decent player and i dont think he will struggle in England either. I like to call him a rich mans Aaron Lennon.

Decent player and i dont think he will struggle in England either. I like to call him a rich mans Aaron Lennon.

XD

And next what Messi is poor man's Bale? (Sorry CJ, it is just a joke )

Sanchez is absolutely brilliant player and only few rivals him when it comes to close control and dribbling past player..

well Sanchez plays best upfront and as Tevez looks set to leave, Man City were looking to buy Aguero or Neymar but if recent reports are to be believed, they are close to buying Sanchez

They could easily go for 2 of the 3. If they lose Tevez, he'll need replacing, then they will also want to add new players to their squad. It's looking like they don't want Adebayor or Jo, so there is every reason to believe that they will buy another striker. I don't think Aguero wants to come to England though unfortunately

They could easily go for 2 of the 3. If they lose Tevez, he'll need replacing, then they will also want to add new players to their squad. It's looking like they don't want Adebayor or Jo, so there is every reason to believe that they will buy another striker. I don't think Aguero wants to come to England though unfortunately

i very much doubt he wants to go to Italy, only Juventus are interested in him over there and they cant offer CL football

Where do u expect he will go in Spain, At Madrid wont sell him to Real Madrid and unless he wants a premature end to his career by warming his **** at Barcelona's bench, he can be my guest

i very much doubt he wants to go to Italy, only Juventus are interested in him over there and they cant offer CL football

Where do u expect he will go in Spain, At Madrid wont sell him to Real Madrid and unless he wants a premature end to his career by warming his **** at Barcelona's bench, he can be my guest

I've been pondering for a while where he could go, he's such a great talent but the price rules out the majority of clubs, and the unwillingness to sell to Real Madrid would seemingly rule out Spain. He could well end up in Italy if other transfers go through (eg Sneijder to the prem would release funds for Inter to buy him). I remember reading somewhere that he wasn't keen on England, but I can't remember how reliable a source it came from.

If he came to England, I think it would be more likely that he went to City as a replacement for Tevez. I'm not sure why Chelsea would go for him when they spent a lot on Torres and still have Drogba, Sturridge and Anelka. Chelsea need wide players to play the 4-3-3, so someone like Hulk, Neymar or even Alexis Sanchez would be a more obvious target.

Edit: You're also strongly linked with Lukaku atm

Last edited:
I've been pondering for a while where he could go, he's such a great talent but the price rules out the majority of clubs, and the unwillingness to sell to Real Madrid would seemingly rule out Spain. He could well end up in Italy if other transfers go through (eg Sneijder to the prem would release funds for Inter to buy him). I remember reading somewhere that he wasn't keen on England, but I can't remember how reliable a source it came from.

If he came to England, I think it would be more likely that he went to City as a replacement for Tevez. I'm not sure why Chelsea would go for him when they spent a lot on Torres and still have Drogba, Sturridge and Anelka. Chelsea need wide players to play the 4-3-3, so someone like Hulk, Neymar or even Alexis Sanchez would be a more obvious target.

to be fair if we are to go for him, we will probably sell Anelka and as we are planning to build the team around Torres which a wide variety of Chelsea insiders have said, Drogba may mostly start from the bench next season as he enters the last few seasons of playing in the top flight..... either way that will mean we will mostly be rotating 4 strikers Drogba, Torres, Aguero and Sturridge which seems perfect to me but yes i agree Man City looks the most likely destination for him although i would welcome him at Chelsea

I'd just love to see him in the Prem, along with Alexis Sanchez. I'm hoping we do a deal for Sanchez but it looks like Young is set to join. I still think Young will do well at United, I just have a bit of a soft spot for the Chilean.

I think Chelsea will get Lukaku eventually, and I think he will cost quite a bit too. A move for Aguero seems unlikely at this stage

where's Madrista, would love to hear what he has to say about the master plan at city incorporating Sanchez too :D

Back