AniPhan

Reaction score
I'm still on FM 09 just to kill time before FM 10 is released. Trying out various teams in EPL. Lately, I've been having trouble facing Man City, dunno why but every time I play them they almost always dominate my team, even when I'm using the bigger teams. Heck, I beat Chelsea or Man U more times away with say, Liverpool or Arsenal than against Man City. I've tried several tactics, including the recommended ones here on FM-base. No matter what I do, just can't seem to beat City convincingly, home or away. Most of the times I lose :(. I can't seem to get past their midfield, let alone their back four. Just one of their guys can rob two of mine, and their forwards just walk my defence. In patch 9.3, Man City seem unrealistic. All their passes connect, all their intercepts, headers, goalie. I've tried almost everything; deep defence line, deep with offside trap, high with offside, high without, narrow, wide, quick, slower, attacking, defensive...
would really appreciate if someone could give some advice with tactics. ;)

soz but i cant help you, as i have the same problm as you;)

Screen shot of your team, and upload your tactic here

I usually end up with a 4-4 draw against them or something. It's a bit weird. It usually helps if you have a big target man and wingers or try and use the same formation as they do. That's all that I can help with mate

Ive never played City because i am City, but i will say they are waaay too good with the amount of money their given. Tho what can you do..thats how much they've got in real life :/

Afraid I can't do that right now, as I've just restarted my game again, will put up my tactics once the teams up and running

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Man City do start with the biggest budget in the game, but with all the good players they're buying, don't they have to gel first to play well? Doesn't matter when I meet them, first Premiership game or last, I still have trouble

This probably won't help every team but with my teams in past games (average Newcastle and Wigan sides) I matched their tactics and closed everyone down. I finally beat them!

every tim i play them i seem to play all out att then i'd go 2/3 up then go to my normall formation then put easy tackling no cf and put play narrow with ticking counter att