• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 866

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester City are in no rush to meet Carlos Tevez's demand to leave Eastlands and are likely to demand in excess of £40m to consider selling.

More...

Why would they be in a panic? If he leaves they'll just spend a ridiculous amount on another striker.

Come to Liverpool, your wife will love it! ;)

Why would they be in a panic? If he leaves they'll just spend a ridiculous amount on another striker.

What like Dzeko or Balotelli? That got them far ;)

Tevez is the best player at that club by so far, gunna be almost impossible to replace him.

Manchester City shouldn't panic, they should just sign Kris Boyd for 3 million and problem solved. ;)

Dont know which club would like to pay that sum when he has said so many times that he wants to go back and play for Boca before the age of 30 or something like that.

Too riskt business for any club that likes to buy him and with FFP started I dont think any club will take the risk of losing so much money..

Come to Liverpool, your wife will love it! ;)

What like Dzeko or Balotelli? That got them far ;)

Tevez is the best player at that club by so far, gunna be almost impossible to replace him.

I wouldn't say by so far. Kompany and Silva are class too, and just as important as him.

I wouldn't say by so far. Kompany and Silva are class too, and just as important as him.

No one carried the team like Tevez did. Silva played well in the second half of the season but for 2 years it was always Tevez.

Ya agreed with Kompany. He was very important player but I wouldn't say as important as Tevez.

No one carried the team like Tevez did. Silva played well in the second half of the season but for 2 years it was always Tevez.

Ya agreed with Kompany. He was very important player but I wouldn't say as important as Tevez.

Their importance are different I would say. Kompany is the defense general who is the main reason why they have conceded so little while Tevez is the guy who saves them when they need to be saved. Both have secured a lot of 1-0 wins and without them they wouldn't be 3rd.

Aguero to City, Tevez to Boca, Adebayor to Juventus.

Mark my words.

Tried for Eto'o, and failed, and Aguero is drifting ever closer to Juve.

Can definitely see City launching an audacious bid for Higuain this summer, Madrid wont sell easily but Higuain has never ruled out Manchester City in the 2 years he has been linked with them. Other signings from Madrid, can see Fernando Gago coming over and joined city for around 6 million euro's from RM but hes not exactly a marquee signing...

Tevez to Boca definitely.

Aguero is moving too quick for City atm, he's all but signed for Juve (Will find out definitively later when the meeting today in Madrid is over between the Atletico board and Juve president)

Tried for Eto'o, and failed, and Aguero is drifting ever closer to Juve.

Can definitely see City launching an audacious bid for Higuain this summer, Madrid wont sell easily but Higuain has never ruled out Manchester City in the 2 years he has been linked with them. Other signings from Madrid, can see Fernando Gago coming over and joined city for around 6 million euro's from RM but hes not exactly a marquee signing...

Tevez to Boca definitely.

Aguero is moving too quick for City atm, he's all but signed for Juve (Will find out definitively later when the meeting today in Madrid is over between the Atletico board and Juve president)

Aguero said last night that he won't be signing anything or thinking about his future until after Copa America and when asked about City he said "Their project is a good one, but it's the wrong time to be thinking about my future. I'm here to help Argentina win the Copa America" or something along those lines (my translation isn't the best).

He definitely isn't ruling out City and I think if City come in for Aguero they'll get him. Adebayor has been linked for a long time with Juventus, so if they miss out to City on Aguero they'll probably strike a deal with Adebayor unless he goes to Madrid in which case Benzema will leave too.

I agree, and Yaya too...

I hope Aguero doesn't join them, I could deal with it if they signed Higuain; but not Kun :(

True, but the Aguero thing is very messy. Maradona told him to go to Italy, Juve are being very direct and trying to tie it up quick...

But like you/I said Aguero's future should be alot clearer by this evening because if Mr Torres brokers some sort of deal with Juventus over Aguero at that meeting today in Madrid then it would be sealed and the players hand would be forced. But if it doesn't go well then it opens up again...

Problem I'm seeing is the time frame, this Tevez deal I can see dragging on until Boca/Someone comes in for him and until then City can't really be seen to be approaching Aguero. Unless they get Adebayor off to Juventus and then make a move for Aguero I suppose but in that club statement about them not being in panic means they are still trying to keep Tevez there privately so it will probably drag out especially on his money and his valuation...

In an ideal world (from a United fans perspective);

They sign a winger (Sanchez) who flops and just hang their hopes on Dzeko and Balotelli (H)

True, but the Aguero thing is very messy. Maradona told him to go to Italy, Juve are being very direct and trying to tie it up quick...

But like you/I said Aguero's future should be alot clearer by this evening because if Mr Torres brokers some sort of deal with Juventus over Aguero at that meeting today in Madrid then it would be sealed and the players hand would be forced. But if it doesn't go well then it opens up again...

Problem I'm seeing is the time frame, this Tevez deal I can see dragging on until Boca/Someone comes in for him and until then City can't really be seen to be approaching Aguero. Unless they get Adebayor off to Juventus and then make a move for Aguero I suppose but in that club statement about them not being in panic means they are still trying to keep Tevez there privately so it will probably drag out especially on his money and his valuation...

Personally, I see City taking £25M for him and Tevez taking a pay cut to go to Argentina.

He's always said he's going to retire early, so once that contract at Boca expires he'll probably retire and stay in Argentina. Just my perception of it personally. Only other place I see him going to other than Boca is Real Madrid due to Mourinho's love for small target men who run until their lungs explode. Maybe he sees Tevez' work rate as the way to beat Barca (Milito's work rate was the reason he did it with Inter).

Either way, this saga is going to drag on for the majority of the summer. Don't see it being sorted out quickly by any means.

Dzeko will score 18+ goals in all competitions next season.

big fan of dzeko but not city. hope he will really score 18+ goals AND city not winning anything and not getting into the top 4. =D

Would be a huge blow to ManCity if they lost him. I just don't understand Tevez. He leaves Champions League football for ManCity, stays there for two years, and then when they qualify for the Champions League he wants to leave. Why doesn't he just stick around for one more year and then go home? I think he's nearly irreplaceable for that team, and if I were them I'd do everything to keep him around. Make him some sort of offer that will make him stay for one more year. If not, I think Kun can be made into the Tevez mold, although I really hope it doesn't happen. The only player who is really similar to Tevez, for me, is Rooney, who is obviously out of the question. Although it would be hilarious if ManCity bought him for a 100 million quid or something like that.

from a blog, i forget the address:

Boca
Tevez forces his way out of the club claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public bust up with manager also ensues.
Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always will.
Time at club - 2 1/2 seasons.

Corinthians
Tevez forces his way out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with teammates, the head coach and the club president.
Time at club - 1 season.

West Ham
Tevez almost immediately falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.
Strings the club along before swiftly ditching them.
Time at club - 1 season.

Manchester United
Tevez complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time he's taken off - managing just 5 goals, despite playing more minutes than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres.
Parting shot of 'I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them'
Time at club - 2 seasons.

Manchester City
Tevez is tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and is caught on camera spending that time banging his mistress (the actual banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much greed in football despite being the highest paid player in Britain, hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off, wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer request.
Time at club - 2 seasons - the 2 seasons grudgingly, against his will.

Back