Man City move for Leeds teenager

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 892

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City are interesting in signing Leeds United's highly rated midfielder Fabian Delph.

More...

what the **** XD City won't ******* play him! But maybe someone like Everton/Villa he'd get on the bench most weeks, city are a joke, and wrecking the game. Hope they go **** up!

**** off man city..

why buy delph? your just gonna ruin his career in the long term...like you already have to the likes of michael johnson and joe hart..

you deserve better delph.

i hope he doesnt go his career will take a kick in the b***s

I think that this would be a big mistake for the guy's career to go to City. I'm thinking that with the way the economy is and this season's transfer market has been, it's time that team's have budget caps in some form or another for transfer fees and or player salaries cause with the way the Real Madrids, Chelsea's and Man City's of this world have been going on the gap is going to get bigger and bigger between them and the bigger teams in the world never mind the smaller one's. It's starting to get to a farcical preportions.

I think that this would be a big mistake for the guy's career to go to City. I'm thinking that with the way the economy is and this season's transfer market has been, it's time that team's have budget caps in some form or another for transfer fees and or player salaries cause with the way the Real Madrids, Chelsea's and Man City's of this world have been going on the gap is going to get bigger and bigger between them and the bigger teams in the world never mind the smaller one's. It's starting to get to a farcical preportions.

You go on as if Chelsea are one of the main culprets at the moment when they have spent hardly any money on big name players in the past 2 years, The only other team who has spent a ridiculas amount of money on a player other than Madrid & City are Man United paying 30M for Berbatov.

Last edited:
You go on as if Chelsea are one of the main culprets at the moment when they have spent hardly any money on big name players in the past 2 years, The only other team who has spent a ridiculas amount of money on a player other than Madrid & City are Man United paying 30M for Berbatov.
How much have Chelsea spent since Mourinho first took charge when Abrahmovich took control of the Club?

How much have Chelsea spent since Mourinho first took charge when Abrahmovich took control of the Club?

That wasn't the point, you were talking about the current economy & how those clubs were ruining the game at the moment. You can't use Chelsea as an example if all the big money they spent was like 3-4 years ago when the economy wasnt as bad as it is now. If Chelsea were to go out & spend 80M on a single player now or offer a player wages of 250k a week then yes you would be right.

they will just wreck his career.
buy someone that will at least get on the bench. if man city keep spending like they are just now he won't be anywhere near getting in the starting 11

That wasn't the point, you were talking about the current economy & how those clubs were ruining the game at the moment. You can't use Chelsea as an example if all the big money they spent was like 3-4 years ago when the economy wasnt as bad as it is now. If Chelsea were to go out & spend 80M on a single player now or offer a player wages of 250k a week then yes you would be right.

The economy has been screwed for years and it's absurd to think that Chelsea had no effect on the current transfer market with all their big money buys and spending big fee's on players that don't merit them or the salaries they are getting. There are alot of team's out there who act like this and yes your example of say Man Utd can also come into this class. But I was making a point which has absolute justification to get my point across and my quote in using Chelsea as an example is perfectly exceptable.

The only way signing Delph would be a wise is if they were to leave him at Leeds on loan or send him out on loan to a Championship side for a season or 2 to prove himself alittle more.No doubt he has a future ahead of him but he will not break into Man City's team and could struggle to even get a spot on the bench.

Will be interesting to see what happens to him if he does leave because not many who have been with Leeds have gone on to be anything special once they left, At Leeds they looked special once they left they looked out of place.

Kewell, Smith, Bowyer, Woodgate, Robinson, Viduka (Although very lazy had his moments at Leeds) , Lennon (Although hes improving) , Milner (Although at Villa hes alot better than he was at Newcastle).Very few players leave Leeds and go on to be as good as they could have been some just get worse like the first 5 on this list.

With the right club he could be amazing with the wrong club he will be average at best and i think Man City with its spending is the wrong club for him because he just wont get enough games to improve as a player.

if he goes and they loan him back to us, then it's a great deal for our club. £10m is alot of money to a clu like us, we are no longer in any debt but Bates isn't using his money on players, so far our three new signings have all been frees, so £10m would help with the renevations to the east stand and some available for grayson to spend on helping us get out of league one. as for delph, if he goes then he will be nothing, the time isn't right for him to leave leeds. he's not good enough to be playing in a premiership team at the minute. yes, he can dominate teams single-handedly, he's awesome on the ball, great tackler, can shoot but if it's not going his way he doesn't want to know..and he could get shown up in the prem, so they need to loan him out either back to us or to a championship club. personally, i don't want to see him leave but £10m is a lot of money.

will wreck his career wouldnt mind him at the villa would get a few games and get on the bench

i would like to see him do well at city but to be honest i agree that his best move would be everton/villa
take ya pick delphy boy money or a decent early playing career

I think that if City is really going to sign him, they could at least loan him somewhere, so he can gain more experience at another team... :D

Delph should stay at Leeds. He's got plenty of time left to move on to bigger teams for more money. Give it two more seasons sunshine.

im hoping he goes to villa. if he went to city hed have too much competition for a place and ultimately would be seen unfairly as a flop.
i hope he has more sense than to think he'll go to city for playing time, because that simply isnt true. look at sturridge - he was regarded as one of city's finest youth talents and he had to leave in order to get playing time - i know manchester united/chelsea/liverpool spend big but at the same time they have respect for their youth stars. and obviously arsenal have a young squad that will probs struggle next year to make top 4 but they havent spent 100m either

Back