Man City snap up Barry for £12m

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 501

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
England midfielder Gareth Barry leaves Aston Villa to sign for Man City for £12m.

More...

First of the 'big' name signings no doubt. Time for City to splash the cash.

All about the money if you ask me. Yeah City have the potential to be big but last year he wanted to leave to play CL football. Well he's not even getting UEFA Cup this season, but Villa are. Plus, 12m? why didn't Lpool come back in?

why would they buy barry anyways?

they got some quality players in midfield
-Elano
-De Jong
-Vincent Kompany
-Stephen Ireland
-Michael Johnson
-Gelson Fernandes
-And many others that can play their.

clueless/deluded manager, Have a nice time barry.

Barry lacks ambition - a joke leaving Villa for that joke of a club.

He had one of the best managers around great side with good ethic and sprit.

and he has gone to a punch of wannbes.

He should of signed for liverpool last season.

BARRY & MAN CITY = JOKE.

HE WOULD NEVER GET IN THE EVETON SIDE

lol ok then pal.

Good for both parties i think. Man City sign a class player for 12m and Villa make some money before he leaves for free or less in January.

He must feel the club is going places which it will eventually. Looking fw to see who else comes in

I am delighted with this signing, Barry is a class player and he will be useful for Man City.
This club just need to buy some real players, not 'dream' players, like Messi, Kaka etc.

Just take a look at Real Madrid.
They have put Sneijder, Van der Vaart and more players on the Transfer List, why not to snap them up?

And one more thing, I think Man City needs a new manager, one who can manage a good team, one who can make from a mid-table team, a top 4 power.

I think next season will be amazing because we will have more teams who will beat for a place in CL (Villa, Man City, Spurs, Everton) and this thanks to Arsenal, because their team is a bit 'young' and unexperienced.

Go ahead, Man City!

apparently liverpool were not in the market for barry this time around and to be fairly honest im made up, weve got a quality midfield as it is even that piece of **** lucas who i have got a feeling that next term we will see a different player i think another back up midfield player will do us nicely i dont think barry would of settled for the bench every week at anfield because i wouldnt pick him ahead of stevie g mazza and xabi not a chance.

Great signing for City!! Cant wait for summer..going to be a few suprises I think!! CTID

Back