Man City to be warned off Lescott

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 940

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Everton will fight to keep Joleon Lescott as Manchester City prepare a £15m bid for the England defender.

More...

City have bottle and money to back it up. They want top 4 this season. No self repecting top 4 player will leave to go to City, so they will buy the best of the rest.

Best Striker outside top 4 Santa Cruz? Maybe
Best Midfielder outside Top 4 Barry? Lots to choose from but definately top in top 5
Best Defender, Lescott.

Doesnt take a genius to see what they are doing.

City have bottle and money to back it up. They want top 4 this season. No self repecting top 4 player will leave to go to City, so they will buy the best of the rest.

Best Striker outside top 4 Santa Cruz? Maybe
Best Midfielder outside Top 4 Barry? Lots to choose from but definately top in top 5
Best Defender, Lescott.

Doesnt take a genius to see what they are doing.

I'd sooner have Defoe over Santa Cruz any day of the week!

Barry top 5????? Too over rated IMO. I can think of 3 better midfielders then him, Modric, Tim Cahill, and Arteta.

Defender Lescott?? A fully fit Ledley King blows him out of the water - but that is a fully fit Ledley King which never is :'(

You only picked three 'better' midfielders than Barry

I said he would be in the top 5 which appears you agree with me.

I wouldnt say Modric is in my top 5 though.

I agree with Arteta and Cahill, Id put Ash Young in with Barry too, then Stephen Ireland.

Defoe is a good finisher, I did say maybe when I suggested it.

As for King I think you could be right, you could say Woodgate is the same, always liked him. Before he retired I would say Laursen was the best outside the big 4. What is it with these quality CBs and injuries?!

You mentioned though top in your top 5??

Agree Barry is deffo out of the so called "non-big four" in the top 5 best midfielders, but not top!

Forgot about Stephen Ireland!!

As for Laursen as well, i was proper SHOCKED when he called it a day due to injury because he was proper QUALITY!!

Lescott is best out of all non top four team defenders, how injury prone a player is a crucial fact on how good he is full stop.
Ledly King can be world class for 70 minutes, but be injured, and out for 4 months, then take another 2 months getting back to match fitness then getting injured again, players like that are not worth it, and it should be condisered as ability, how non injury prone they are.

I would say that the best striker outside the big 4 would be a fit john carew. he hasnt had a look in since heskey came and i dont see why. He's tall, strong and fairly quick on it as well. Midfield would have 2 be Arteta. all round great midfielder and best defender would be maybe titus bramble as he had a super season this year. I say maybe as he hasn't had a great past.

Carew is a great striker, and the thing is Agbonlahor is a better player when Carew is in the team. The way i saw it Heskey was supposed to replace Harewood in the squad, ie 3rd choice striker, but MON seems to want to start Heskey ahead of both Gabby and Big John. Heskey works hard but just doesn't score enough. When Carew plays he scores! Why cant O Neill see that.

Id kill to have Lescott in a Villa shirt.

By the way the question Mark after Barry meant that I wasnt certain he was the best outside the top 4. If I thought he was top I wouldnt have bothered writing anything after, I didnt mean 'top in top 5', that was a typo. I just meant in top 5

I think you all missed out a defender that in my opinion is better than lescott and i would be more gutted if we lost him and that is his defensive partner phil jagielka!!! and yobo is not that bad either. There was life after rooney and there will certainly be life after lescott if he goes and lets not forget a young lad being compared to rio ferdinand and who is making the headlines for the under 21s jack rodwell. If we can get between 15 and 20 million for lescott then that is good business as we only paid 4.5m and i am sure with that money(and moyes would not let him go without some kind of backup)we could get a few good players IN MOYES WE TRUST COYB!!!!!

Very few clubs go after Everton players and that's because they know how dedicated they are to the club, most probably because of David Moyes, and Lescott is no exception. And not only that, David Moyes, the chairman and the Everton board have a good relationship and go for players they want to keep, and won't accept huge bids for players they know change seasons for them and keep them in the top 5.

If Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, Fellaini, Jagielka and Yobo were at other clubs they would be swept up and all off to different teams, but they're not with Everton.

It may not be one of the biggest clubs in the world but it's one of the best, and I cannot in my mind see Lescott going off to Man City, who aren't even going to be playing European football next season, for any amount of money or salary. Oh and i'm a red and would be devastated to see him go.

Back