• Man Utd 99/00

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Champions League Challenge 2020

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Grieves

Reaction score

Going to try one more save on FM20 and i wasn't you to decide where i will spend my time away from "real life"

""" WINNER """
Man Utd 99

Using TheFMRetroGroup 99/00 Retro Database i plan to relive my childhood and play as Man Utd from the 99/00 season. I've yet to try this database past day 1 but its set for some for the best players in the game like Messi, Rahsford etc to generate in line with the season they came through. The rules of this save will be i can only sign Man Utd players from 92> present day. I can sign only 1 non Man Utd player and Newgen to a contract each season.

Champions League Challenge
The aim of this challenge is to win the Champions League with all 22 previous winners of the trophy. Once you win it with a club you leave and join another previous winner, doesn't have to be the 1st. The most Champions League's I've won so far is with 6 teams. Double figures in 2 months?

SeasonTrophysReal Life TrophysSeason Better or Worse
1999/2000PL Winners 91pts, Intercontinental cup

Last edited:

Man Utd 1999
By a score of 6-2 the Man Utd story wins. I'd rather it won 8-2 but that's another story isn't it Arsenal fans!

It was the time of our lives! Fresh off winning the treble Manchester United's squad of the decade had reached their pinnacle. Hights the famed "class of 92" would never meet again. One by one they all left over the coming seasons with a few more League and cup titles.

Not on my watch
We have 55 players of the players signed over the past 20 seasons that are in the game on my shortlist and 25 players set to come through the youth teams, 1/4 will be good enough to challenge for game time, and there is no Greenwood. i was upset to start with but remember the game only gets to -10 players so Greenwoods -69 cant be put into the 2020 save.

The Squad
MU Sqyad.png

Oh God, this is the Taibi team. Nightmares were abundant. However, it seems Bosnich is very overrated so he can stick between the stick since Van Der Sar is unchallenged at Juventus and Schmichael is 35. Barthez maybe but not Tim Howard and god no to Andy Goram! Thankfully not a desperate need to upgrade.
Gary Neville is safe at RB with Only Valencia, not in the game yet is on the shortlist while it seems we'll be reliving the **** of Silvestre at Left back despite being a class DC Wes Brown and Jaap Stam will be my backline unless i can get Rio from Leeds for a bargain and they'll be backed up by Henning Berg.
That midfield 4 could be there in 10 seasons time although one day we'll have a Ronaldo vs Beckham debate. Some more backups are required immediately, however. **** and Blomqvist are not getting it done!
Up top, it's Cole & Yorke the deadliest strike force known to man. Ole the boss is the only backup I'm keeping. Old Teddys going up for sale with the no3 spot going to one of Henrik Larsson, Ruud or Berbatov. Michael Owen tops the hitlist but not at his 1999 value.

Youth team stats John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher, and Jonathan Greening are a few years away from being a thing. O'Shea could be the no1? Never conceded a goal and megd Figo.

On a less exciting not I've take charge of Scotland from Craig Brown. Not likely I'll post much about that unless we do something mega, i just want to replace the Berti Vogts memories

Two Rules
I can sign only 1 non Man Utd player and 1 Newgen to a contract each season.

Due to several players not being in the game Evra, Tevez & Vidic from the 2008 champions league squad alone I've decided i can sign a maximum of 1 player not in the Man Utd shortlist and give a contract to 1 new-gen per season. Without this, i would be crippled at DR immediately and long term there are a few holes we could have especially between 2010-20

Set Tactic
tactic.png
Rather than using my own overpowering tactics and setups I've plugged to play the first Sir Alex man Utd tactic i found. If we're awful then I'll go back to my own work.

Targets
Treble every year!

My Camera appears to be Ducked, see what i did there, at the moment but once i get it working I'll have a flick through the squad and the shortlist and anything else if you request i might bother my *** to have a look.​

Man Utd 99 Season 1 Kick-Off

Right i finally have OBS working again so have put a quick video of the starting squad, best youngsters, and new signings

Goalkeepers
Mark Bosnich is more than good enough to start but I'll have my eye on Edwin Van Der Sarr falling out with anyone at Juventus. Taibi is the backup and Van Der Gouw is staying as a coach once he retires.

Defense
Silvestre is the only player not in my starting defense that will play a lot with no signs of a replacement for 33-year-old Irwin. I wanted to add Rio but he wasn't interested however Brown has more than enough potential to play with Stam.

Midfield
The Midfield 4 is obvious with Duff and **** fighting for the scraps with Hargreaves needing games to encourage him to make his loan permanent.

Forwards
RUUUUUUD! A major upgrade from old Teddy Sheringham. I can't remember the last time i started a save and immediately had 4 top-class strikers.

Transfers
TL.png

In
Ruud Is the big signing. Cost £4m more than the real thing but is worth multiple times that.
Damien Duff is my non-Man Utd signing for the year only after Carrick & Rio turned me down. A perfect back up winger who i recall being an utter stud in the Champ Manager Games.
Two back up players now that may be first-team starters in 4-5 seasons are Owen Hargreaves on loan now with an £8m fee agreed so I'll play him a lot early on to get him on the side. Gabriel Heinze is much more of a gamble but at £59k its more than worth it.
Young & Foster in there mid-teens join the U18s
Silvestre already signed & Cruyff signed 3 years earlier. No idea why he's here.

Out
All backups. Pick up your cult hero and carry on.