• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 720

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Fulham boss Mark Hughes says Manchester United can win the Treble this season after watching them defeat his team 2-0.

More...

Unfortunately I have a little feeling Utd are going to win the treble this season :(

can see us winning the double, fa cup and league.

It is indeed possible. However, I was surprised to hear SAF saying that Man Utd were "too cocky" yesterday. By saying that though, it will help them remain focused and not get complacent, and make them keep their foot on the gas. But I think it's possible. If they don't get complacent. And if they do, SAF can look back and say "this was our biggest achievement".

Don't reckon they will win it tbh, i reckon they will get the double instead with the FA Cup and Premier League. In the Champions League i think it will be Barca v United but Barca will win.

It is indeed possible. However, I was surprised to hear SAF saying that Man Utd were "too cocky" yesterday. By saying that though, it will help them remain focused and not get complacent, and make them keep their foot on the gas. But I think it's possible. If they don't get complacent. And if they do, SAF can look back and say "this was our biggest achievement".

Considering the strength of our squad now compared to previous years, it would be a magnificent achievement.

it would be a huge achievement to win the treble with "the weakest squad Sir Alex has had" (not my own thoughts) during his time as manager of Manchester United, I perosnally believe we can do it but at same time I wouldn't be too upset with just the league.

3 more league wins and the title is ours, if we can overcome Citeh at Wembley next Saturday then having to face either Stoke or Bolton in the final, you'd expect us to come out on top but obviously being a final, anything can happen. If we beat Chelsea next tuesday then its most likely Schalke in the semis who have proved they aren't pushovers but i'd still back us to go through and face either Madrid or Barcelona in the final which we are capable of beating.

very exciting times to be a United fan!

If ManU beats ManCity and Barca advances to the final, than yes, it will happen. Even if R. Madrid advances to the final, it might happen. I think on neutral ground R. Madrid will definitely beat them but they're in their own country at Wembley, where they've played plenty of times. Has a team ever lost the Champions League final in their own country?

I'm shocked people are saying "it is indeed possible" and ManU "can win the treble..." Obviously they can win it, it's not a discussion of can it's a discussion of will. They won the league, they're favored to win on Saturday and if they do the FA Cup is in the bag, and they secured themselves a place in the Champions League final (the draw sure helped, as I predicted it would). It'll be 90 minutes determining whether or not they win the treble, and 90 minutes at home against a team they are perfectly designed to beat (especially if it's Barca). I'd place a huge bet right now on ManU winning the treble.

When they do if anything it only speaks to how great a manager Ferguson is. This ManU team is a team in transition and they're not as good as they have been in recent memory. But the Prem was pretty weak this year, so they got those two trophies, and they had a very easy route to the final An easy group followed by Marseille, an out of form team that's not so good this year and fighting for a champions league place, and a Schalke team who just changed managers and is in 11th place in the Bundesliga? Then getting to play the final in your home country's national team stadium, where you've played a lot of games? The cards were on their side.

Last edited:
Back