Man Utd end Le Havre Pogba battle

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United and French side Le Havre settle their dispute over the signing of French youngster Paul Pogba.

More...

le havre backed down after it was shown a) their contract wasnt legally binding and b) they had nicked him from a lower french team

i think that these events got chelsea out of being banned from signings after the gael kakuta issue, so for once, thanks united (never used 'thanks' and 'united' in the same sentence before!)

i think that these events got chelsea out of being banned from signings after the gael kakuta issue, so for once, thanks united (never used 'thanks' and 'united' in the same sentence before!)
well fifa tried to make a bid deal of the whole thing, made a hash out of it with united, and chelsea got a more lenient punishment. the joke is that we can approach foreign youngsters but not domestic ones outside the catchment area...

le havre backed down after it was shown a) their contract wasnt legally binding and b) they had nicked him from a lower french team

same sort of situation with kakuta really. smaller teams trying to squeeze more money out the bigger sides.

I didn't even know there was a battle going on XD

I didn't even know there was a battle going on XD
it really kinda ended a few months ago once fifa ****** up , there was no more publicity about it

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

lol it stared once le harve found out fifa was suspending chelsea from buying players so they thought we'll have some of that.
yeah united then told they would sure if they kept making false claims.

legally chelsea and united were right, morally i think they were wrong. but then rules also need changing

What about the irony. Le Havre commit the offence that they accuse United of. Still, at least it's sorted one way or the other.

Well i hope he is worth all of this,

When he plays for utd, he is going to have all the expectation and media pressure from this.

Well i hope he is worth all of this,

When he plays for utd, he is going to have all the expectation and media pressure from this.

I've watched him all season on MUTV and he looks superb. Big and strong but can get the ball down and play it. He also hits a mean free kick

Back