Man Utd impossible!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ibbyb7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6K

ibbyb7

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone been succesful with united so far? Ive been playing fm for years and like to think that while im not incredible at the game im pretty good but this year i cant seem to get anywhere with united? no matter what tacticts i use, formation or anything the team plays apalling. this is my third save game with them, twice before ive got to november, been knocked out the champions league group and 4th in the league. in this save now, opening day of the season i beat man city 3-0, then lost my next 3 games, 2-0 norwich, 2-0 west ham, 4-0 west brom. wth is going on. havent bought anybody so team gelling is not an issue, team is exactly the same as with what you start, robin van persie doesnt score any goals no matter what position or role i play him, same with rooney. ashley young avg rating is 6.3 after 6 games, im actually shocked. either theres a bug, or i am absoloutley terrible at football manager and thought i was good. any help?? thnkas

ya im top of the league in my 2nd season using "il devasto" tactic i think its called, have Falcao up front and he has 36 goals in 29 league games :)

First season with United came 3rd and won the champions league by fluke getting dominated most games.. I can pick out games in my head where I've been bullshitted by a stupid goal or a game I completely dominated...

Seems it will take a few years for me to get Man utd dominating, on FM 12 it took me a year to get world domination for 20 odd years.

The difference from previous versions of FM to FM13 is the fact you can't just show up to a match with the best players and expect to win the game. You have to actually beat the oppositions' tactics. I was on a roll recently in my Liverpool save, but just lost 0-2 to Stoke because I ****** up with the tactics in that particular game. That's how real life is, and that's how FM13 is - in contrast to earlier versions.

The difference from previous versions of FM to FM13 is the fact you can't just show up to a match with the best players and expect to win the game. You have to actually beat the oppositions' tactics. I was on a roll recently in my Liverpool save, but just lost 0-2 to Stoke because I ****** up with the tactics in that particular game. That's how real life is, and that's how FM13 is - in contrast to earlier versions.

ive tried this mate, but the feedback from my assistant is absoloutley bullshit. no matter what team im playing all he ever advises me to do is set match preparation to attacking movement due to the oppositions defensive vulnerabilities. yeah thnaks mike phelan, and johan cruijff great advice. use different formations too to try and surprise the opposition, but still get DOMINATED, played off the park by teams like stoke who suddenly become barcelona and pass the ball around for ages with 60% possesion. confusing really, because honeslty although it may sound like it, i really do do my research into the opposition, play around with tactics and i am a pretty good fm player. strange, i guess ill have to try and work it out. play longer get a grip of it i guess

it all depends on the formation the opposition are playing, if its a team playing 5 in midfield it's probably a good idea to do so yourself, i started off as a 4-4-2 zonal and it worked great in pre season with utd but when I played the first game of the season against southampton they dominated for 25 mins and went 1-0 up, switched to a 4-2-3-1 formation and man marking and I won the game 3-1. Iv'e been playing man marking since then with 4-4-2 and won my next 2 game 5-1 against stoke and 3-0 against qpr. Takes a while to get the hang of it, also make sure you're touchline instructions match you're playing style as I had to do a bit of fiddling with that as well to finally get them playing. As for van persie, I was struggling with him during the pre season but started playing him as an advanced forward when the season started and he's got 4 goals in 2 games for me

I started as Anji and won the Russian Premier Division. Went to Man Utd after 1st season, Ferguson retired.

Won Premiership and League Cup and lost 1-0 to Barca in Champions League Final. When I took over they had already signed Neymar.

My team is..

--------------------Rooney
-------Neymar----Kagawa----Nani
----------------Isco---Fletcher
---------Fabio Vidic Kaboul Rafael

Have Neymar and Nani cutting inside regularly. Neymar is top goalscorer.

how much did they get neynar for? in fm12 they wanted over £100m

Im united and do everything myself cos had phelan doing the opposition bit in the game and i know football is being ruined in real life by becoming a non contact game but this was riduculas, i was being out played by west brom they were like brazil and i was like my local pub team but now im top and won last 12 after finding out what was wrong

On mine he (Neymar) was transfer listed got him for 36M

1st Seoson play

---------------------------DDG
Rafael(FB S)--------Rio--------Vidic---------Evra (WB s )
-------------Carrick (DLP D)-------Fletcher (BWM D)
Valencia (W A)------------Rooney (AP A)-------Nani (IF A)
-----------------------------RVP(AF)------------------

They bought him for 44mil. RVP plays horrendous for me most games. Average rating of around 6.7 for last season

Back