Man Utd player help

• Thread starter Thread starter hocking88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4K

hocking88

Reaction score
Hi I have just started my first save as man utd, my intention is to make this a long term game as I support them and have rarely been them before. I know I have got all the obvious young players coming through like jones, the da silva twins etc. I just want some advice having only just got this game I am not sure who the best players to get would be. I don't really want to spend massive amounts of money as would like to get the debt down. Ideally I would like to buy some cheap players and sell them for big profit.

I want to keep all the players I buy below the age of 23, I need to obviously replay Giggs and scholes pretty soon. Here below is my first team squad.

Goalkeepers - De Gea and Lindegard
Defenders- Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Fabio, Rafeal
Midfielders - Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Valencia
Attackers - Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, (Owen and Berbatov but they rarely play)

If anyone has any experience of playing with united and there are some players who I should definitely sell, or I particular keep that would also be good.

It's entirely down to you, that's the fun of the game. I have personally redeveloped the central midfield area, and left the rest (two seasons in). I now play a 4-2-3-1. With Hazard off Hernandez....Rooney on the left and Valencia on the right. The CM is usually two ball winners (Lars Bender, Javi Martinez), works for me :)

In terms of getting rid of people, the obvious ones are Kuzasch (can't remember how to spell it), and the likes of Will Keane and other youngsters who never make it, keep Pogba, and maybe look at getting rid of of one the wingers (I chose Park)......Let me know what you decide :)

just started man utd save to using jp woodys wenger style tactic 12.2.2 released owen and bought muniain and kagawa, will keep squad as is now till end of season then will sell berba,park scholes will run out of contract so will buy kroos then that should see me through for a few seasons. Hopefully then will have some good regens coming through so dont have to spend any money. but is entirely upto you mate, what tactic you using mate?

Thanks for your advice so far, I have reached September so far undefeated but I have drawn a few, seem to be conceding a lot which I need to work on, so far I have only signed vrsajko for right back cover as Rafeal is injure long term. I have been playing a mixture of 442 and 424. Struggling to get the best out of Rooney however. I think i am going to use the carling cup to experiment and in January bring in more young players. I am thinking about signing either fellani or siggurtson (the guy on loan from Swansea) which would you reccomend?

Fellaini and Sigurdsson are two different types of player. If you're looking for a DM, get Fellaini. If you need a playmaker, get Gylfi. Personally, I think there's better options out there. Get M'vila or Martinez for DM, and for playmaker, go for Hazard.

Rooney struggled in the first season for me too. I think manager reputation might have something to do with it tbh. Once I'd won a few cups his morale went up and he started to play better, although a couple of bad injuries meant he only scored 13 goals in the first season. I'm into the second campaign now though and he's scored 4 goals in 5 games playing as an advanced playmaker or complete forward (support for both).

I seem to now be getting the best out of Rooney and Welbeck is doing well. I think my defence is set for many years to come. I think at the end of the first season I might usher rio out of the team. Is that wise? Or can he do another year? I am thinking I might sign Martinez. How much is he likely to cost as I am trying to restrict my spending but he could be a good replacement for Carrick.

Can anyone tell me how Cleverley turns out? I really want to keep faith with him as I like him in real life but so far he is not impressing me. Thanks

I seem to now be getting the best out of Rooney and Welbeck is doing well. I think my defence is set for many years to come. I think at the end of the first season I might usher rio out of the team. Is that wise? Or can he do another year? I am thinking I might sign Martinez. How much is he likely to cost as I am trying to restrict my spending but he could be a good replacement for Carrick.

Can anyone tell me how Cleverley turns out? I really want to keep faith with him as I like him in real life but so far he is not impressing me. Thanks
keep ferdinand mate is good for atleast 2-3 seas and is great tutor for hot prospects, martinez is good can get for about 25-28m cleverly does turn out good but must play regulary will post screen shot in a min mate

Cleverley is looking good, I will definitely keep him then. What role is he best suited to then? I would be playing him most of the time in a two man midfield... Well I have heard nothing but good things about Martinez so he might be a marquee signing from me then I think I will be set to dominate. Hopefully anyway

Cleverley is looking good, I will definitely keep him then. What role is he best suited to then? I would be playing him most of the time in a two man midfield... Well I have heard nothing but good things about Martinez so he might be a marquee signing from me then I think I will be set to dominate. Hopefully anyway
central midfield attack is how i use him in my tactic mate

Just a quick update. I have got to January top of the league, into semi finals of carling cup and through in champions league. So far everything is going well. Just few questions. I am thinking of blowing my philosophy of not spending huge amounts of money and signing martinez and hazard for my central midfield. If I play Martinez as a ball winning midfielder can hazard play next to him in a midfield 2 as an advanced playmaker? Or is he better out wide? I have young, nani and Valencia playing so well I do not want to take them out of the side. Also does making big signings during the season ever disrupt the squad in a negative? I could just off until the summer.

get gylfi, sell carrick imo. I also sell anderson and ****** fellainy. I tend to get rid of PJS also, and bring in marvin martin :)

Don't bother play someone like Hazard in CM. You're wasting his talent. He's best suited as a AMC/AML. Utilize his pace, playing him as a CM isn't worth it. Ofc he still can perform, but you get the point. Marvin martin will perform, not complain and is always reliable when called upon. M'villa tends be be super expensive also. Hamsik is also a great choice, but beware, he's inconsistent and will take a while to adapt. Plus, he tends to perform a lot better on the wing (which you wouldn't prefer anyways).

Last edited:
Try Khouma Babacar. I signed him on FM11 and his coach report is constantly fluctuating from quality to key player, but who cares because he has scored 100 goals for me in just three and a half seasons, never mind a broken leg that kept him out for 6 months. But I recommend scouting him first, just in case his rating on FM12 is different from that of FM11. He is at Fiorentina (as of start of game).
I also signed Neymar on FM11 for £32.5m, though I could have signed him during the previous mid-season for £18.534m. So that was his value (the second one, mid-season) because the first price was after he signed a new contract. I was still a bit inexperienced then so I didn't really bother. But, as he improved, FM12 took note of that, and, when I tried the FM11 price I signed him for, Santos rejected it.

Khouma Babacar is quality as long as you play with a target man, good and with lots of potential, personally though, i prefer Yaya Sanogo, same age as babacar, but always performs a lot better for me

Personally, I would firstly sell Anderson. Then I would bring in either Marvin Martin, Ivan Perisic or Sandro. Then unload Giggs as he is surplus. If you are playing a formation with an AMC, follow SAF and take a look at Kagawa. You can get him on a free two seasons in, or buy him straight away for relatively cheap. Great player, who can play great on the wings as well, also very young, as you requested. And then the usual targets of Willian, Ganso, Modric, Gylfi, etc. Willian works great on the wings as well. He would be a great replacement for Nani, who I would sell. Nani is inconsistent and selfish, and he won't sit quietly on the bench for long. Ship him out or endure the frustrating impossible angle shots and disappearing acts.

well im 4 seasons in and ive sold de gea for Lloris £15mil rafael £15 mil bought walker Vidic £15 mil use jones and smalling now rio retired at the end of the last season they are immense together! i have sold berba owen hernandez evra anderson nani young and bought baines azpilicueta hazard neymar falcao ganso kaka podolski (who is a goal machine 38 goals in 55 games in the league but sold him for £10mil) jose angel sandro moussa sissoko oxlade chamberlain wilshere lennon and Niang rodwell and ive won everything 3 seasons running and had a board take over martin Edwards in the chairman!!! i have a load of english players which is what i wanted to do at the start of my save!! my coaches are all 4* plus most are 4 and a half* some are 5*!!!

dont know if anyone suggested him yet but i bought adam campbell of newcastle 16 years young played him as a right winger even though he doesnt play there didnt even train him there he was amazing this was first season too he wasnt gr8 first 2 3 games but i kept him in the team and he became a star

Back