• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United increase ticket prices for next season and follow the example of Arsenal.

More...

really a point of increasing them for the sake of a pound?

really a point of increasing them for the sake of a pound?

£70,000 per game - Say 23 home games in a season, looking at a good £1.6m extra profit for 'the sake of a pound'.

A quid is nothing compared with arsenal raising by 4% even though they are already the most expensive season tickets in world football.

£70,000 per game - Say 23 home games in a season, looking at a good £1.6m extra profit for 'the sake of a pound'.

Your business acumen is almost as great as the Glazer's there!

23 home games? Surely its only 19. I believe all cup games are sold seperatly.

Although it dosent sound alot the Glazers will make quite abit of money out of this to pay off the debts they have. Nice for them.

Although it dosent sound alot the Glazers will make quite abit of money out of this to pay off the debts they have. Nice for them.

doesnt quite work like that, also, they have reduced youth prices

Yeah, taking into account fa cup, league cup, champions league - would equate to around 23-25 home games.

Inflation and VAT will eat up anything made. It's very unlikely we'll see any profit.

Inflation and VAT will eat up anything made. It's very unlikely we'll see any profit.

yeah there basically isnt profit, it's only a 5.8% rise, minus 2.5% vat and whatever inflation currently is

So it's basically just to counteract inflation? Meh, had to happen some time I guess.

yeah there basically isnt profit, it's only a 5.8% rise, minus 2.5% vat and whatever inflation currently is

4%. Will hopefully drop during next season though.

Such a non-story.

Season ticket will now be over 850 quid next year. Expensive considering the cup games.

Season ticket will now be over 850 quid next year. Expensive considering the cup games.

Nothing for you.... ;)

They said when they announced the increase that it was just to go with the VAT increase, which they had been absorbing since January.

Back