Man Utd seal deal for Hargreaves

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United confirm Owen Hargreaves will join them from Bayern Munich on 1 July.

More...

Dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing with signing the other two midfielders

It can only be a good thing. There's strengtj in depth. It means that no longer will we have to rely on a Fletcher or O'shea (although he is amazing woo) to come on late in the game.

Its definetly a good thing.

17m may be alot but if it means better form and solidarity away in Europe, which it has to really, and more freedom for Carrick and Scholes, plus of course a stronger midfield for the defence of the Premiership, then its gota be good business. And like Sean said its less reliance on Fletcher (though he has done great past couple of months) and O Shea

Think Hargreaves will pwn for us tbh, got that ball winning midfielder now, no ***** footing around with Fletch.

Fletch does try and win tackles but he loses many of them because he is purdy scrawny. I liked O'shea playin in DMC because he seemed to win tackle after tackle, but then he got lumped back out at full back towards the end of the season.

-----------Foster-----------
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Heinze
---------Hargreaves-------
----Carrick -------Scholes----
Ronaldo ------------------ Giggs
------------Rooney-----------

Sounds about right to me. Great signing.

-----------Foster-----------
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Heinze
---------Hargreaves-------
----Carrick -------Scholes----
Ronaldo ------------------ Giggs
------------Rooney-----------

wheres the renowned superstar wes brown haha?? he is shocking lol...

:o Wes pwnz, well he was a bit inconcsistent inthe last half of the season, but still

i reckn that side needs anotha prolific striker if Utd r 2 win the Champs League, wud prob take Carrick out for home games and play extra striker

Wheres anderson and nani?

I heard that Nani was going back on loan to sporting lisbon, not sure if true or not, but Anderson would probably come on late in game to get used to premiership and/or to change the game.

i reckn that side needs anotha prolific striker if Utd r 2 win the Champs League

We do have Saha still, although he might be leaving if rumours are true, he is a great striker but he just seems to get injured constantly :(. I think his goal ratio was just under 1 goal every 2 games this season so wasn't too bad. Hopefully though he will stay at united and also stay free of injury.

The sooner Saha leaves the better if you ask me.

saha is class just injury prone and you cant really blame him for that

Yeah well if he's injury prone then we should get rid.

Yup and keep Solskjaer :rolleyes:

never get rid of Ole. He is a hero. Let him retire/leave when he wants! Im still undecided on Saha-he is good but his injuries are a liabilty

Back