Man Utd suffer Giggs injury blow

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 437

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says winger Ryan Giggs faces two weeks on the sidelines because of a hamstring injury suffered in the 2-2 draw at Bolton.

More...

two weeks isn't as bad as he's had it in the past so it could be worse

Although we had good wingers at the club , with injuries to Valencia and now Giggs , that area does look very thin . The injury to Valencia is a big blow , he is the best winger at the club at the moment . Although Nani has become more consistent , he is still mercurial . Valencia could provide quality crosses into the box consistently , something which Nani cannot do at the moment . Giggs cannot play week in week out and now he is injured as well . Park for all his good qualities , does not have the skill needed to break down weaker sides . And with Bebe and Obertan still unproved at the highest level , United do look a bit weak in this area . Even more concerning is that United are a winger oriented team so being weakened in this area will reduce our effectiveness going forward .

im sure we can cover for 2 weeks, i'd actually pull rooney back to AML, gives him more time and space to operate from deep, his quick thinking up front has been hit by his lack of confidence. have anderson operate behind berbatov, scholes and fletcher deeper.

im sure we can cover for 2 weeks, i'd actually pull rooney back to AML, gives him more time and space to operate from deep, his quick thinking up front has been hit by his lack of confidence. have anderson operate behind berbatov, scholes and fletcher deeper.

****, you were thinking what I was thinking :)

Back