Man Utd suitors 'won't overpay'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 295

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Red Knights consortium say they have not yet put a figure on the value of Manchester United - but they will not overpay.

More...

i read in the guardian or times today at school. that they where preparing 1.5billion to buy the club and clear the majority of debts. so that must mean they value the club somewhere aroung the billion mark.

Current estimates are that they would need 1.6 billion to buy out the Glazers and another 400 million to tidy up the loose ends. So a total of 2 billion with about 800 million of it going straight into the pockets of the Glazers as profit.

Got to be honest and say that this whole scheme looks like a publicity stunt. It doesn't add up in terms of finances - they've admitted that they need one person to stump up 600 million of the money and then want no say in the running of the club (?!?!). The Glazers paid just over 700 million for full control of the club when they bought (well they didn't pay, but you know what I mean ;) ).

wooooooo big money here i would love to have 1.6billion :L but for some reason i dont think this will happen

Back