Man Utd Tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter mutd4ever
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5K

mutd4ever

Reaction score
Hi All

First post on here. Bought FM13 a week ago and have started and restarted it a couple of times as I get used to the new format, tinker with teams, tactics, training etc. I've gone with Man Utd.

Anyway, I've finally made a good start to pre-season, have loaned out some players, sold 1 or 2 from the reserves and have blown most of my budget on Gareth Bale.

Now I'm struggling on tactics, which seem more complex than under FM12.

I prefer to play 4-4-2.
De Gea
Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra
Valencia, Carrick (or Fletcher), Jones (or Anderson or Shigwa), Bale (or Nani)
RVP, Rooney up front.

I've set it to be attacking, fluid.

For some reason, I don't score loads of goals, but often have loads of chances and always seem to concede at the back. I've tried moving the players around and tweaking the tactics settings, but all to no avail - I leak goals.

I'd have thought that with the team I've got, I'd have blown away the smaller teams, ie I drew 2-2 with QPR.

Help please.

Being a big United fan, I pretty much always play with Man Utd, and at first, I struggled in this game. However, after a while, I managed to develop a 4-3-3 that is working pretty nicely for me.

De Gea
Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra
Sandro (Bought from Spurs for like £15 million)
Carrick, Ayew (Bought from OM for £15.75 million)
Van Persie, Rooney
Hernandez

I play attacking, fluid, short passing, expressive, more pressing, zonal, and roaming. I have changed quite alot of the players instructions though.

Van Persie and Rooney play in the AMR and AML slots, as inside forwards. Van Persie is already accomplished at AMR and Rooney can be at AML after some training. It gives you 2 highly creative players coming inside, who can either link up with Hernandez, or shot from range, and it works quite well. I sold Nani for £26 million to Spurs, and Young to Arsenal for £24 million.

So yeah, that's just my little idea for United, if you wanna give something along those lines a try :) You could probably play Van Persie up top, Bale out right and Rooney at left mid, with Carrick and Anderson in midfield and Jones as the defensive mid?

I've been playing ManU as well. Unfortunately dual strikers doesn't seem to work in the game right now. In fact strikers tend not to score much at all. After much trial and error I've gotten a 4-2-3-1 to work with AMR and AML. After a full season RVP has 12 goals and Rooney has 14, (Rooney was playing AP in the AMC position). To put that in perspective Bale had 10 goals on the left side, Valencia had 12 on the right and Vidal had 5 from MC. I picked up Vidal specifically because he has great long shots. I noticed that players can't seem to penetrate the box and end up just passing the ball around it, you end up getting a large number of long range shots from your midfield. Lampard would be a great MC for this game. Set pieces are really important as well. I finished third in the league. The top four were Manchester city, Tottenham, Me, and Stoke. I'm just waiting for the ME patch now, I've given up on playing a meaningful game until we get that.

Back