Man Utd v Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 655

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's game between Man Utd and Aston Villa in the Premier League.

More...

Just watched the entire game on ESPN good performance from Villa defended like lions the whole game.United put them under immense pressure for about 35 minutes in the second half but United's final ball was poor every time. Even Rooneys passing was very off tonight, Villa just contained them the whole half, they didn't break shape they had 9 or so men behind the ball for the last 20 minutes lol but United just didn't have the killer pass or the killer strike. Their team looked well unbalanced due to the injuries. Well done Villa though, up to third.

Man, did we miss a player with flair and a brilliant dribbler. I think Sir Alex should have brought on Obertan because there was no player who woud run directly at the defense. I hate it how Valencia never runs at the defence and only runs in free spaces.
When is David Silva coming to UTD.

Well played Villa and unlucky Man Utd.

:$

It's quite hilarious Kevin Keegan and Ugo Ehiogu could hardly contain their bias towards Villa. I just kept remembering Kevin Keegans rant when he was newcastle manager Haha

wow great result, if man utd keep slipping up along with chelsea, i think the likes of man city and villa have outside chances of a title challenge, but its a little early but it may happen, you never know with football

as wenger said the winner of the premiership will have the lowest winning points number ever

Great win for Villa. A vital result for Chelsea as well considering they didn't pick up all three points...

Villa moved up to 3rd, slowly going about there work while the press seemed to focus on Spurs and Man City

Villa will likely fall away as the season progresses. They just don't have the strength to maintain this pace. Just like last season. Spurs will also be back to the old Spurs soon enough because that's just the way they are, £200m squad or not they will never get anywhere without a decent manager.

Manchester City on the other hand are likely to be one of the teams pushing for a top 4 spot.

Villa will likely fall away as the season progresses. They just don't have the strength to maintain this pace. Just like last season. Spurs will also be back to the old Spurs soon enough because that's just the way they are, £200m squad or not they will never get anywhere without a decent manager.

Manchester City on the other hand are likely to be one of the teams pushing for a top 4 spot.

I agree with Spurs, I think the 9-1 thrashing of Wigan has made them too confident and now they are paying for it, however Villa dropped off the pace last season but they may of learnt from there mistakes so it will be interesting to see if they invest in January. City may challenge for the top four but they're are not getting the wins against the lesser sides in the league, however they have only once this season so I shall give them some praise, it will be interesting too see who they invest in in January.

I agree with Spurs, I think the 9-1 thrashing of Wigan has made them too confident and now they are paying for it, however Villa dropped off the pace last season but they may of learnt from there mistakes so it will be interesting to see if they invest in January. City may challenge for the top four but they're are not getting the wins against the lesser sides in the league, however they have only once this season so I shall give them some praise, it will be interesting too see who they invest in in January.

probably a couple of class defenders and a midfield enforcer

personally jack youre one of few fans who dont slag city off, theyve only lost once in all competitions, and a 3-3 draw at bolton is a good result, bolton are a boring ugly team, they dug into city id imagine, im sure that kevin davies gave the defenders some mean treatment

Just like last season. Spurs will also be back to the old Spurs soon enough because that's just the way they are, £200m squad or not they will never get anywhere without a decent manager.

I don't agree, our manager is pretty good, I think he's doing a good job, why people start to launch attacks on us when we lose games like that?

Mate Harry has done a good job but any fan who with some tactical sense has seen his shortcomings in regards to his tactical awareness. I mean an example of this was I think he took gareth bale off or one of the left sided players and yes Bale had been poor but Seamus Coleman the right back was having a field day cause Harry threw on Jermaine Jenas....why another central player? The lad had so much space on that flank and both came from him going down it.

how has this thread gone from man utd vs. villa to tottenham? :)
tottenham won't get anywhere, they'll buy another flop and it will go like that for years and years imo

Back