Man Utd v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 485
I know we got slaughtered. i was too busy watching the Edinburgh Derby though xD and no the title race was won weeks ago by Man Utd :)

I know we got slaughtered. i was too busy watching the Edinburgh Derby though xD and no the title race was won weeks ago by Man Utd :)

Man Utd didn't win it. Liverpool & Chelsea lost it.

man utd have still got villa, spurs and arsenal so its still on

the title race maybe still on but man utd should win it with ease tbh, if they dont win it then the only people to blame are them..

if they win their game in hand then they go 7 points clear so liverpool have to hope they lose like atleast two games which doesnt look like thats gonna happen.

Slaughtered?

You mean, Vidic made two major mistakes and gifted you two goals and got sent off? Liverpool created very little from open play. Goal1: Gift from Vidic. Goal2: Pen. Goal3: Gift from Vidic. Goal4: 10men and no hope.

United certainly didnt turn up and they didnt have one good player out there, Gerrard and Torres did play well. But again you play ugly and you defended for most of the match and started time wasting as soon as you went 2:1 up (Reina mostly)

Slaughtered?

You mean, Vidic made two major mistakes and gifted you two goals and got sent off? Liverpool created very little from open play. Goal1: Gift from Vidic. Goal2: Pen. Goal3: Gift from Vidic. Goal4: 10men and no hope.

3 was just a quality kick, van der sar didn't see it and tou can't gift a free kick it's all about the kicker. 4 was poor defending, there were enough players but the shot was perfect and i'm a chelsea fan.

United certainly didnt turn up and they didnt have one good player out there, Gerrard and Torres did play well. But again you play ugly and you defended for most of the match and started time wasting as soon as you went 2:1 up (Reina mostly)

That's how you win I'm afraid, only a stupid Manager (Tony Mowbray) would try and play football against a decent side away from home. Even the wonderful Man Utd play that was sometimes, remember the Barcelona game.

That's how you win I'm afraid, only a stupid Manager (Tony Mowbray) would try and play football against a decent side away from home. Even the wonderful Man Utd play that was sometimes, remember the Barcelona game.

That's probably about the only game United ever did that, thing is though I'm not saying they just do it against United, against most sides Liverpool play ugly I don't think you get many people disagreeing with that fact.

It gives Chelsea and Liverpool a little bit of hope, but they are going to have to win all there remaining games and United have to drop 8 points for either of them to win it, I think its more likely that United will drop at Maximum 4 points and Liverpool will do the same, where as I believe Chelsea could win all the remaining games and take 2nd.

It was a poor game tbh, it wasn't a classic can any neutral honestly say that it was riveting football and lots of quality move's and plays?

Slaughtered?

You have a point. Our defence had a REALLYYY bad game. It happens though. You win some you lose some lol. Cant win 24/7

That's probably about the only game United ever did that, thing is though I'm not saying they just do it against United, against most sides Liverpool play ugly I don't think you get many people disagreeing with that fact.

Because there aren't a lot of teams better than Man Utd. /facepalm

Don't believe what the MoTD pundits and people on the 606 boards tell you about Liverpool. We play some good controlled football.

I don't really pay attention to any MoTD pundits or Andy Grey for that matter, I watch games on Football first or on TV of all games, Premiership/La Liga when ever possible - I can make my own mind up about how Liverpool play, probably the least attractive than any succesful team within Europe (Barca,Madrid,Roma,ManUtd,Arsenal,Chelsea,Juve,Milan,Inter to name a few)

Having said that Liverpool looked really excited against Real Madrid, shame that they only do that once or twice a season huh?

I don't wtch the premiership (but am going to from now on) and I am impressed by liverpool go reds!!! from a madrid fan.

I can make my own mind up about how Liverpool play, probably the least attractive than any succesful team within Europe (Barca,Madrid,Roma,ManUtd,Arsenal,Chelsea,Juve,Milan,Inter to name a few)

Having said that Liverpool looked really excited against Real Madrid, shame that they only do that once or twice a season huh?

It's always awful to see Torres tear apart 'impregnible' defences. I hate it how we use a high pressing, high tempo game to unsettle opponents and to force them into defensive mistakes. We've played so defensively in scoring 49 goals this season, I wish we'd score more. Perhaps like United. They've scored, erm, 49 goals too - but they do have a game in hand! Our unattractive possession football hurts the eyes when our midfield play keep ball for 10 minute periods of the match and the noise the opposition fans make when they boo it hurts the ears too.

More seriously, that was a good match. Perhaps Manchester United aren't used to people actually pressurising them in possession any more? They looked rattled at the back, and if other teams spot just how weak the fullback positions are then it could make for a decent title run-in. Especially if those forward players continue to misfire.

I can say it through gritted teeth that Liverpool play some attractive football, so that moron up there can simmer.

the man utd line up was so wrong im mean carrick and anderson in the middle shcoles and fletcher is what they needed. and too be fair torres taught vidic a lesson today, and gerrard was quite 2day for me it was all about mascharano. to be fair tho both line ups wernt there strongest. but that is my veiw and. but all that matters is that liverpool won and the title race could still be on i hope come on liverpool peace

Back