Managerial Crossads

Reaction score
After 3 successful seasons with Newcastle ( 2 premier leagues, 3 league cups n 1 FA cup) Barcelona *** calling. What do I do? Leave the club i love 4 the best team in the world or do I stay n make the toon the best team in the world??!!

If I start as a specific team I usually stay as I've started building them from day one of the save. I only every really leave/join clubs if I start unemployed and work my way up.

Depends who's future you have in mind
1) Your clubs
2) your managers career.

My personal opinion would be, stay at Newcastle: Like you said, you've had "3 successful seasons" so build on that.

If you love Newcastle stay there. Nothing better than beating Barcelona when the chance comes when you make Newcastle great.

Quite easy: Make an additional save.
I've successfully managed Birmingham for some years. When Fergie retired, ManUtd came calling. I made an additional save ("save as..."), and declined the offer. I intend to stay with Birmingham for lot of years, but when I get bored (or when everything goes to h***), I'll load the other save and accept the offer from United.
Since this isn't real life, you can actually experience the "what if" option :D

Quite easy: Make an additional save.
I've successfully managed Birmingham for some years. When Fergie retired, ManUtd came calling. I made an additional save ("save as..."), and declined the offer. I intend to stay with Birmingham for lot of years, but when I get bored (or when everything goes to h***), I'll load the other save and accept the offer from United.
Since this isn't real life, you can actually experience the "what if" option :D

So basically he is suggesting you cheat.

Stick with Newcastle. I did a Newcastle save and established them as a top 4 team, Man City came calling with bags of money and I accepted, now I'm 15 years down the line and I've had 10 jobs (including those 2) as I just can't settle like I did with Newcastle.

So basically he is suggesting you cheat.

Well, what you call cheating, I call experiencing different aspects of the game. This is just a game, after all. If you would like to investigate the options, you should do so. In my opinion, you can't compare this to editing players, finances, etc., which really is cheating.

Why Not accept the Barcelona Job, and then Add a Manager for the (now Vacant) Newcastle Job, and do both.

Well, what you call cheating, I call experiencing different aspects of the game. This is just a game, after all. If you would like to investigate the options, you should do so. In my opinion, you can't compare this to editing players, finances, etc., which really is cheating.

I'd class it as cheating when you reject a job, yet still take it on? it wouldn't happen in reality and anything beyond that in-game is cheating.

Personal opinion mind, although I'm not in denial over my own abilities.

Well if you're doing so well at Newcastle and you love the club you should stay at Newcastle. If you just want a landslide that would probably get boring go with barca. Also after three seasons Barca might be on the decline as some of their players will be getting old so it could get frustrating finding replacements for world class talent.

leave the toon are you mad!!! bring them more success and make them the best team in the world

Back