FJ

Reaction score
Read a few stories on here and decided to start one out of boredom. After scouring through leagues looking for a team to rebulild and re-establish I finally decided on a fallen French giant

View attachment 297590

AS Monaco FC are currently in Ligue 2. Despite being widely expected to return to Ligue 1 last year Monaco finished 8th and remain in French football's second tier. AS Monaco are one of the most successful teams in French football history having won seven league titles and five Coupe de France trophies. The club has also regularly competed in European Football having been runners-up in both the UEFA Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Champions League in 1992 and 2004, respectively. What attracted me to taking over Monaco was their team littered with talented players and their considerable £13 million budget. My aim is to get the team promoted and fighting for the title within 3 years minimum. While it will be straight forward to get the team promoted back into Ligue 1, trying to establish AS Monaco as a top team won't be.

With PSG becoming one of the richest and most dangerous teams in Europe, Lyon, Marseille and Bordeaux desperate to reclaim the title and Montpellier, the reigning champions, Rennes and Lille still posing a considerable threat, becoming a force in France will not be easy and indeed may not be achieveable for a few years, if at all.

A rare story with a French team... I'll definitely follow... I should be starting my own story with a French team soon :D

Will follow this, should be an interesting story. Good luck!

I'll be following, I didn't realise Monaco didn't get promotion they came 8th?.. didn't they get taken over by a rich Russian?

SEASON 2012/2013

PRE-SEASON

I was pleased to take over as manager of AS Monaco, declared my intentions to return them to Ligue 1 and quickly set about getting rid of the players we didn't need within the squad and trying to sign players who, would not only help guide my team to promotion to Ligue 1, but would also be decent enough to play in that particular division if we achieve my goal of instant promotion.

Best Players: Gary Kagelmacher (CB) Nacer Barazite (AMC) Jakob Poulsen (MC) and Andreas Wolf (CB and Club Captain)

Best Young Players: Lucas Ocampos (M/AM(RL) ST) and Nampalys Mendy (DM)

TRANSFERS

View attachment 297956

Friendlies: 4-0 Pole Espoirs Vichy
1-1 ESTAC Troyes

Last edited: