Managing Gateshead FC

Reaction score
I decided to scrap my save with the higher rep teams and for some un-beknown reason i have decide to choose Gateshead FC as my new project.Does anybody have any advice on managing the club players in/out etc general info maybe?

Or have you went them in the past maybe?

thanks.

Probably a tad late in reply but if you or anyone needs some starting advice for Gateshead i'm happy to share:

Players to keep:
Carl Magnay- great defender at BSP level up to L1
Ben Clark - decent defender for BSP up to L2
James Marwood - stats look bad but scores alot for some reason.
Glenn Wilson - good utility player, best played DR for me.
Jamie Chandler - decent rotation MC

Get rid of the rest to lower your wage bill especially James Brown because he is nearly permanently injured and commands a massive wage for the division.

I brought in around 17 free transfers to make up a nice rotation squad because in BSP the games are thick and fast. Here's a few to look at:

Eric Farro ML - free
Mattieu Welmant DL free
Jordan Smith MC - free
David Lynch MC - free

I wont list em all because its fun to make your own team i feel.

Play a basic 442 direct, balanced with standard philosophy because anything either way is too much for low end players to handle.

Probably a tad late in reply but if you or anyone needs some starting advice for Gateshead i'm happy to share:

Players to keep:
Carl Magnay- great defender at BSP level up to L1
Ben Clark - decent defender for BSP up to L2
James Marwood - stats look bad but scores alot for some reason.
Glenn Wilson - good utility player, best played DR for me.
Jamie Chandler - decent rotation MC

Get rid of the rest to lower your wage bill especially James Brown because he is nearly permanently injured and commands a massive wage for the division.

I brought in around 17 free transfers to make up a nice rotation squad because in BSP the games are thick and fast. Here's a few to look at:

Eric Farro ML - free
Mattieu Welmant DL free
Jordan Smith MC - free
David Lynch MC - free

I wont list em all because its fun to make your own team i feel.

Play a basic 442 direct, balanced with standard philosophy because anything either way is too much for low end players to handle.
Thanks m8.

The first game i did this year was Gateshead got them all the way to the premier league and 3rd was my highest finish before i started a new game. Was really enjoyable. Cant remember everything i did but have a few things that might help.

Lumpy is right Magnay is definitely worth keeping he is good til league one and decent in the championship as backup.
I would also keep Donaldson as he was prolific for me as a poacher. I pretty much sold or released everyone else excluding James brown as he is injured long term.He isn't worth his wage though so id move him on asap.

In terms of signings there are some good ones you can do on the cheap:

rob lainton - Bolton reserves, GK, you can get him on loan and occasionally they will accept an offer of £0 (league 1 standard)

Nicholas bignall - reading reserves, ST, you can get him on loan and often they will accept an offer of £0 (league 1-2 standard) he is very quick and will tear apart this division.

Craig Sutherland - Blackpool reserves ST, you can get him on loan and often they will accept an offer of £0 (league 1-2 standard) like bignall he is very quick and will tear apart this division. He was the stand out player for me scored over 40 goals in the season and i signed him for £0. I kept him until the championship where he still did a job as an impact sub.

Ashley Eastham - Blackpool reserves CB, great loan signing to play alongside magnay.

Luke O'Neill
- Burnley reserves RB very solid loan signing.

Jamie Devitt - Hull city reserves, AMRL, i played him left wing and he was a regular goalscorer.

Robin Shroot - Stevenage reserves, M/AMR really good right winger (hence Devitt playing left side)

Steven Gregory - Bournemouth, good holding midfielder i also got for a £0 offer.

if you can get eric addo as centre back he is a tank sometimes he will accept 500 quid other times he wants 4k so its pot luck really but when i had him i played him as a ball playing defender stopper.

Like lumpy said just fill up the squad with frees the more leagues you have on the more options you have id recommend Denmark and Norway their lower leagues are full of really good amateur players you can sign for free. Its always a gamble changing the whole team but your predicted finish is mid table anyway so there's nothing to lose.

if you have denmark on check out pelle weber - he has been epic for me on a different save with cambridge

and norway morten seifert - goal a game striker.

Sorry its so long got a bit carried away lol anything else i can help you with let me know

Back