Managing my club's finances

• Thread starter Thread starter dh98vmm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3K

dh98vmm

Reaction score
With every team I manage, I lose around 230k Euros a month. I'm within my wage budget and I have less staff than the board has allocated.

Is there anyway of increasing my revenue or decreasing my expenditure (preferably both)

getting a bigger stadium is usually the most effective ways..you can go to your finances page and see exactly what you're spending money on...

Are you in Europe? The budget takes that into consideration when it gives you your budget. If so, then the end-of-year payoff is much greater than the 2/3 million Euros you are losing per season based on your monthly losses. If not, you might have a chairman who loves the club and a bunch of money in reserve as the board isn't going to set the budget to an amount that destroys the club; they judge you on 3 things and one of those is fiscal management of the club.

That happens to me too, but at the beginning if the season you make millions from sponsors and season tickets in the first month. This should hopefully keep you positive at the end of the season. The best and obvious answer is to do well and win. This equals more attendance and eventually you can upgrade the stadium. Also you could try selling a player and asking for more but through monthly installments. Based on the fee and how many months, you can bring in 200k+ per month.

Champions Lesgue football is the easiest way.. Also increasing your stadium capacity is good too, although that's hard to do when you're losing money each month.

Btw don't worry about losing 200k p/m if you're set to earn £50m in prize money and sponsorship!

Check in your finances, and Expenditure. Maybe your club have outstanding loans?

I spent almost 2 million usd this past season on scouting alone1. 18 scouts over the world for a mid table french team is a lot! Maybe cut down on giving your scouts free vacations?

In all the years I've played FM I've never had a single month where I've made a profit that wasn't generated by transfer fees or competition payouts.

Im currently managing Hearts,And im paying back loan payments around about a million pound a month,im well in red and its killing me off!

Back