Managing players with now natural fitness?

• Thread starter Thread starter thefwf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

thefwf

Reaction score
What do you reckon the best approach to this is?

I have Geert Arend Roorda playing for me in L2 (very good player!) but he has a natural fitness of 5. He scores like a beast when he players, but by the time the next game comes around he's ~80% condition. What do you reckon the best way to manage this is? Start him and bring him off at 60 mins, hope for an early goal or put him on later.

I've put him on a light training schedule.

Anything else?

Depends on how likely he is to get annoyed at being an impact sub type of player. Perhaps start him for matches and just bring him off early so he's ready for the next match.

If he is unlikely to care, and you've got another decent goalscorer, just keep him on the bench and bring him on when you need a goal. I guess your risk would be him either getting annoyed, or declining in ability due to only playing the last 30 mins of each game.

Personally, I would be tempted to look for a replacement with better fitness, let Geert score as many as possible this season then cash in on his success and bring someone else into the squad.

I would do, but he's my best player, I think I'm on track for promotion, I want to try and get the best cash for him so maybe starting him will give him more time to impress?

Give him some rest days after each match. Try one, two and three for what's the more efficient.

Give him rest days will be fine, but will obviously impact on his training. Sub him off early in games where you can afford to.

Back